Hot tub robe, rules, potential problems

I had a hot tub installed, outdoors to increase my off season bookings. Looking for guidance on how other hosts with hot tubs manage, experiences, things to do or not.
I have skilled person to manage the water chemistry and mechanics. It will have cover overhead so it can be used in the rain etc.

I have bought flip flops, found them on sale, 50 cents each, I bought many, large and small. Should I get bathrobes?

We have specific ‘hot tub’ towels but honestly no one ever uses them. We have ‘no glass’ rules and provide nice plastic ‘glassware’, we always find beer tops around the hot tub. My advice, it will be what it will be, you will for sure make more $$, but you can only control so much.

1 Like

We have a hot tub, but it’s off limits to the guests. We do, however have a pool 6 ft from the cabana front door. IIWM I’d get “pool towels” and forget robes. Get an outdoor towel rack so guests aren’t dragging soggy towels inside. Figure out a way to prevent guests from adjusting the temperature, bubble cycle, etc. Only let them use the On button.

Write a separate set of Tub Rules. Have them laminated and posted at the hot tub:

• Use At Your Own Risk
  • NO glass or cans
  • Clothing is NOT optional – swimwear MUST be worn.
  • No horseplay or loud behavior after 9PM
    …violating any of these rules is grounds for being evicted from the premises.
2 Likes

Imagine trying to enforce this if it’s a separate & private Air :joy:

1 Like

What they do in the dark is none of my business. Our family has a long tradition of skinny dipping.

4 Likes

Just don’t advertise the robe. Weinstein might book :wink:

1 Like

Why is this important in a non-shared hot tub?

1 Like

I provide specific “Spa Towels” and guests do use them. They are the bamboo ones from Costco so I think they enjoy them. As for the bottle caps. Seem to find plenty of those also even though no glass is specified.
Also my place is a snow destination so I provide assorted slippers for the guests too.
As for robes. I have started a collection of robes and put them all in one closet in the 3 bedroom house. The bedroom that is the least desirable (no view and smaller but still super comfy bed) so the robes are in that closet for them to get first dibs. With a note saying - for your convenience but please put into laundry basket once you have finished with it during your stay.

I would prefer they went in naked. It is their private tub and the chemicals wouldn’t have to deal with all the soaps and laundry softeners in their suits. Only with their sweat and lotions. Cause we all know they do not shower prior to getting into the hot tub.

1 Like

That’s interesting re robes, I priced some and it’s not doable, but I do thrift shopping. I had thought I’d need to get 6 matching robes. Found a very thick white terry cloth one with an Alberta hotel name in it for $9 a few years ago.
Thanks

That is how I found my robes. Thrift and Discount stores. We have an outlet store nearby that sells some Costco returns and last of stock items. (the tail end of stock) Got some beautiful plush robes for $20 each. I only have 6 robes in the closet as a convenience. Non matching which I prefer. Makes it easier for the guest to keep tabs on their robe.

1 Like

I have an outdoor spa under the trees beside my house overlooking a national forest. I provide 1 bathrobe in the closet - I rent private rooms mainly to couples on the weekend, no children (I rent out 1 or 2 bedrooms). I figure most men will just wear boxers and carry a towel and the women will use the bathrobe. I find bathrobes are a pain to wash!

I have rules - no use of spa after dark because I do not want anyone to fall getting to my spa in the dark.

1 Like

I’m putting in a two outdoor lights, a solar motion detector and a hard wired light. I can’t wait to sit in the hot tub on a dark winter night looking at the stars. The motion detector light will let me get there and back safely, then go out while I stargaze.