Hosts in the southern USA, do hot tubs get used in the summer?

I know in my area, a hot tub is a frequently searched feature. Many of the cabins around me have a hot tub. I’m in the north Georgia mountains, so June/July/August are sweltering during the day. I can’t imagine people actually use the hot tub during those months, but maybe I’m wrong. I’ve also been thinking about a sauna as an option, and like the maintenance aspect of a sauna compared to a hot tub.

Depends on where you are in The South. Here is SW Florida, we pretty much shut down the hot tub in April. Actually we don’t allow the guests to use the hot tub – just the pool. And we have an electric pool heater (set to 84F) so they can swim year-round…

I’m not sure that I’d like to clean a sauna. :thinking:

I don’t like cleaning bathrooms and I suspect that a sauna would be equally unpleasant if not worse - sweat, skin, bacteria, assorted bodily fluids etc.

I’d also be a little concerned about guests using the sauna properly. We all know that guests don’t read listings, or house rules, so I imagine they wouldn’t read sauna rules either.

I’m imagining a guest using the sauna wearing a pendant that gets hot and burns them. Then they decide to sue…

I’m not sure that America is fully accustomed to sauna usage yet.

(I am now ducking to avoid all the things that Americans are throwing at me).

1 Like