Host would like to give a refund stating they had a duplicate ad?

We contacted airbnb through some advice and talking with the others in the group. They may have removed the listing because it was double listed, there is a language barrier so we were using a translator to communicate. In our communication it did not sound like it was through the action of airbnb, please don’t jump to conclusions that it may have been, and that I am not nice. The details are were never clear and airbnb did not contact us other than the guest offering us 7 days. We offered two different sets of dates that they said that they could not accommodate., we were working for a solution and willing to take other dates as i stated before. As i stated before, i do appreciate input but scolding i can do without.

Cheggers and boosers. :wink:

@Thunderlake Didn’t mean to offend- it’s just important to realize how punitively some Airbnb rep can decide to deal with a host, based on a guest’s report, even if the guest had no intention of harming the host’s business. Of course, legitimate issues should be reported if there is no resolution possible between the host and the guest, and neither side is willing to give an inch, but I’m sure even guests who report an issue because they feel they are due some sort of refund, don’t all intend for that report to result in the host’s listing being suspended. But once someone involves Airbnb, they have no control over what measures Airbnb takes.

You say you are a host as well as a guest, so it’s just something to consider and keep in mind.

1 Like

I read a post from a host who had responsibly called Airbnb to say they had tested positive for Covid, and needed to cancel the upcoming bookings for their in-home studio listing, and Airbnb promptly suspended all of their listings, and cancelled all of their bookings. They had about 10 listings- all the others were entire homes with self-check-in, where the host never even met the guests, because they had co-hosts for those, or if they managed some themselves, their co-hosts could take over until the host tested negative. No amount of explaining this to Airbnb did any good.