Host begging for 5 star review

@DozerPug Great place – very beautiful. However, I’m curious as to why your main photo is of your kitchen when your descriptions says, “very limited use of the kitchen; no cooking – firm rule”. You might want to think about featuring your porch :slight_smile:

Or the pugs and porch, I want to stay with the pugs! I don’t understand why you have any refund no less a full one. This must be the latest guest scam.

1 Like

“The host didn’t pay attention to me, me me! I was lonely! Why did I pay money to go where I’m not wanted?!” As we used to say in the 80’s “gag me with a spoon.” [quote=“sandy2, post:41, topic:7482”]
why your main photo is of your kitchen
[/quote]

That’s great point. My main photo used to be of my kitchen because it was newly remodeled and the nicest room in the house. Then I switched it out and took out kitchen access as an amenity. If the fall season is slow I think I’ll put it back up.

O my god! Why on earth you issued her refund?? I am getting upset while reading it. So she stayed for free because she fussed about this total nonsense??
Did she ever tell you the story about worker?

4 Likes

Can you call Air and ask if you can change your mind about refund and tell them the story?What a manipulator!

My kitchen and living room area are all one room. The guests have access to the kitchen for food storage and just hanging out which most of them do. They are allowed to cook on the outside grill and eat at the island or table. I offer breakfast, coffee, snacks, wine and appetizers at no additional charge. So I show that area. I have found that’s the picture that draws the most views/ bookings. I’ve tried others and that one is most effective. Have had no complaints of it being misleading so I’m going with what draws guests.

He had scaled some pine trees and was removing low hanging branches right outside her bedroom. Apparently a friend of his stopped by while I was in town and they were chatting loudly while he was in the tree. She felt her privacy had been violated by noise. I explained that it had taken me six months to get someone over to do that work and he had wanted to start at 6:00 am but I made him wait till 10:00. She thought it was rude because she wanted to sleep in on her “first vacation in 3 years.”

Have not reviewed them and will not. Don’t want to hear anything from them.

But they can still review you. You don’t want your side of the story to be in the record? You don’t want to help other hosts avoid booking them?

It’s a double blind system. If I don’t review, her side is not posted. This was their first AirBnB, I doubt they’ll try it again. And she told me before they left that she was going to inform me before she left her negative review. I’m not risking it.

You are mistaken; if she reviews you it will post after 14 days regardless of whether you review her or not.

1 Like

@KKC I have 43 reviews posted. I have had over 50 guests. There are no reviews posted on my page from guests that I have not also reviewed. Also, I have reviewed guests who did not leave a review and after 14 days, nothing posted if it was only 1 sided. I’m pretty sure I’m correct on this.

Ok, well I hope it works out for you. If it doesn’t I’m sure you’ll be back to let us know.

Unless Air changed that two weeks ago, I don’t think you are correct. I have two reviews from guests that I did not review. They appeared on my listing exactly two weeks after the guests’ departure. (FYI, I didn’t review the first one because I’m pretty sure her parents were the messy ones who did not follow the house rules and she was such a sweet girl; the second because, after some wrangling, be did pony up $500 for extra cleaning and damages and wrote an amazing review of my place – if Air had a neutral option, I would have chosen that for both of theses guests).

2 Likes

I just checked and a guest I left a review for is posted. She didn’t leave me one. I think there are over a 100 posts on this board mentioning that after 14 days a review shows whether both parties left one or not. But I’ve other things to do besides another host’s research.

2 Likes

You are absolutely wrong about this. If it were true, NO ONE would leave reviews, and we all know how much Air bugs you to review. You may have just had a series of coincidences, but in 14 days, her review of you WILL be posted, whether or not you reviewed her. Believe.

3 Likes

She wasn’t welcomed by the yard worker? Meaning he didn’t pay enough attention to her? I mean this is one strange creature. I think I seen this in a movie.

Hard to be prepared for these kinds of ‘Vivien Leigh’ type of lunatics (see Streetcar Named Desire). She is a psycho, and if one is indeed normal, one could never anticipate this type of manipulative mentality.

In hindsight of course, the best way to tackle it in the future is no refund, let her write an absurd, foolish review, which would have been so easy to then thoroughly embarrass her with your response.

No you are definitely not correct. Call Air and find out

1 Like

When I Captained a live aboard dive boat in Grand Cayman I had a guest who had a great time all week & kept telling me so, the last day he came to pay for onboard ship purchases & he starts complaining. I was floored! Then I was inspired, I asked " can I ask you a personal question? Did you pay for this trip already or is it on credit cards?" He answered, credit cards. I said perhaps that’s the reason suddenly you’re thinking you didn’t enjoy your trip, and after we discussed it for a while he admitted that was the reason. So I suggested he pay in advance for his next expedition and he would enjoy it much more before during and after!

3 Likes

Absolutely not the case, sorry.

1 Like