Homeaway stalling payouts

I have past reservations for which Homeaway (Yapstone) collected my proceeds but is not distributing giving me a complete runaround about my “payment application” being in pending status. The reservation was last year (12/2018) and I have about 20+ more reservations upcoming - does nayone know an attorney specializing in homeaway related issues? I am at my wit’s end as it is impossible to get anyone on the phone past the first tier where the protocol message is : “someone from that department will contact you…” which, of course, never happens.

TK

A lawyer will cost more than you are owed. Just get on the phone and STAY on the phone until it is resolved. Are you new? When I was new some of the platforms withheld payment 30 days.

Relax. Breathe.

RR

PS, welcome to the forum. Stick around, use the search function and listen to the folks here you can learn a lot:)

HomeAway does say: Please note for a first time user, your first traveler payment through our system is disbursed to your bank account one day after your traveler’s scheduled check-in date or 30 days from the date of your traveler’s payment, whichever date is later.

If the guest from last year was at the very end of December, and they submitted payment a day before they arrived but it did not clear for a few days, it’s possible you’re just now coming to the end of the 30 days. It’s actually longer than that. We are supposed to get paid when the traveler pays, but it takes them a couple of days to notify me that they are sending the payment, then a couple of days after that before it shows up in the bank account.

1 Like