Hidden code word people, ideas please

We offer 50% off any additional nights, before or after their original stay, if they mention they saw read it in our welcome letter. No one has ever taken us up on it, BUT we have had at least a dozen people extend their reservations at full price, bc they didn’t read our 50% off offer.

1 Like

I’ve thought of this, but really can’t be bothered with tracking who replied with the code, then remembering to reward them etc.

It is an issue that needs working on tho and today I tried this with my latest booking. (I’m sure many of you already do this, I just discovered it)
I’ve clicked on Use a Saved Message and then Create a Message and when someone confirms a booking I send them my saved message. At a minimum it saves me repeating myself! .

Todays guests wrote this back:
" House Rules read and understood! No issue at all with any of them, and we’re looking forward to our stay.
many thanks"

(This booking is for Dec/Jan so we’ll see how it goes!)

This is my saved message:

Hi (guests name)

Thanks for confirming your booking. We look forward to hosting you and hope you have a wonderful holiday in our home.

Please let me know a little closer to the date what time you will be arriving so that I can meet you at the house. A confirmation message when you are about 30 minutes away is also appreciated in case of any last minute delays.

I’m sure you’ve already read through the listing but could you please confirm here that you have fully read and agreed to the House Rules. I will attach them below to save you finding them in case you haven’t read them. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks again and we’ll see you soon,
Sue

•The maximum occupancy of the house is 6 people (including children)
•We welcome families with children aged 6yrs and above. (Strict supervision/behaviour control of children is required at all times, especially in the pool area.)
•NO SMOKING inside or on the back deck. If you smoke, please do so either in the pool area where there are 2 covered pool houses or go for a walk away from the main house (extinguish fully and put in bin).
•No glass in the pool area please, plenty of plasticware provided.
•Be respectful of the quiet neighbourhood by having no loud music or noise after 10pm.
•Only registered guests as named in the booking will be permitted to enter the property.
•Please dispose of rubbish using the 3 bin council recycling system. RED bin general waste, YELLOW bin for recycling and GREEN bin for garden waste.
•Please help conserve water and power by having short showers and turning off lights and airconditioners while not in the room.
•Please leave the house clean and tidy as you found it. (dishes and utensils washed and returned to cupboards, heavy spills wiped/mopped up, rubbish in bins, personal items removed )
•At the end of your stay leave beds unmade and used towels on the bathroom floor.
•If there are any damages, complaints or concerns that occur during your stay, please message us straight away so that we are able to attend to them as soon as possible.
•Please read and understand the full description of the listing before booking.
•Relax and enjoy your stay

2 Likes