Here’s what every Airbnb Host should know about a Casper mattress

Hello everyone,

As some of you might know, it’s been more then a year since I’ve launched AirbnbSecrets and I’ve received countless offers from all sorts of potential sponsors to write articles about their products and services. I’ve always refused them so far, but when Casper approached me I felt ready to open my blog to sponsored posts featuring top of the line Airbnb related products that I currently use as a Host or that I would test for you, my fellow Airbnb Hosts.

This blog post is the first one of it’s kind but I have a few other ones in the work so check it out!

Dany Papineau
:slight_smile:

Dany, didn’t you have a big tax snafu? Whatever happened with that?

As for the mattresses, we are on a bit of mattress overload. We’ve already had two mattress companies approach us with sponsorships. Most of us like Nest Bedding. But if Caspar wants to send us something to try we are probably open to it.

1 Like

Yup, I was audited twice : once for sales & hotel taxes, an audit that lasted 2-3 months and for which I received a $62,000 Airbnb tax bill that I’m bringing to court. Airbnb collects all money and bills all clients to their names and send the Guest’s payments to tax heavens and I think our governments need to make arrangements with internet companies like Airbnb instead of harassing users on these tax issues. My goal is to establish an internet taxing precedent in Canada by winning this case, since my taxation case applies to any sort of internet platform.

The second audit was for my Airbnb income, which lasted for 16 months. They never could find anything and decided to close the case recently after months and months of harassment. Of course, I’ve always declared my Airbnb income which explains why I won on this part of the audit. Quebec is hard core and I’ve been very outspoken about being a Hosts so, of course, they want to stop the Airbnb momentum in Quebec and make an example out of me. But the truth is that I’ve learned so much about this entire process that I’m about to revamp my airbnbSecrets course with all of this taxation and legalization knowledge that I’ve learned for everyone to gain from my experience with this.

For the rest, well, there are probably tens of thousands of mattress options out there and this blog post talks about my experience with Casper, who approached me to do a sponsored blog post. I now sleep on one of their mattress and I gotta say, it’s great. Voilà. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you take up Tuft and Needle and Nest on the free mattress offers they made on this forum too? Many of us received free mattresses that way, and I have to say, personally, I prefer the Tuft and Needle to the Casper I already had.

1 Like

Lucy, did you get the Nest bedding one?

Glad they dropped that case, but scary on the hotel tax one.
Be sure to declare your income on your Secrets courses, just in case there is a windfall! :smile:

i didn’t yet, but do plan to! Is that one the forum favorite so far?

A resounding yes! I confess I didn’t feel the TN was better than my old inner spring and didn’t use that one with guests. The NB is fantastic.

oh good, thanks for the tip. i’ll get on with it!

Which reminds me, we really ought to organize and approach online bedding companies like Boll & Branch and Parachute who’ve used the same advertising methods as these mattress companies in the past, so might be down to send us sheets.

6 Likes

Totally. Oxford bedding had made a post about being open to sponsorship but her idea of sponsoring was giving a 10% discount after we spent $400. This was after she spammed a bunch of threads here.

4 Likes

Third guest slept on the Nest last night and 3rd guest to compliment it. Second guest to say “I need a new mattress, maybe I’ll look into it.” I did not get those comments on the TN mattress. Since the Nest arrived I moved the TN into my bedroom. I’ve been sleeping on it two weeks and it’s ok. I put an older gel topper on it because it seemed hot to me. I have back and hip issues and I sleep well on the TN. In fairness, the Nest retails for twice as much. If someone was on a budget and didn’t have any way to go get a bargain at the mattress store or Costco I would recommend TN. I slept on the Nest one night and I like it better. It seemed comfy and my sheets were so soft. LOL. It was a real treat to sleep on new, soft, clean sheets without my dogs. I don’t like the Nest pillows. They still have too much filling in them and they seem hot to me compared to my Down pillows.

1 Like

Glad to hear this - I’m waiting for my Nest. I want to hear from my guests “I LOVE YOUR BED!” I have not gotten one positive word on the T&N - no complaints, but I get raves on other mattress.

Is the Nest mattress you guys are talking about the Alexander or the Love Bed?

Mine is the Alexander medium

Nex time I’m in the city (NY) I’m going to try it out. The Casper too. I think the showrooms are walking distance from each other.

Alexander firm. They also sent the topper and now the whole bed plus platform seems like it’s 20 inches high, LOL.

1 Like

10%! I would have thought the least they could do was offer wholesale prices.

I just wrote to Boll & Branch and Parachute and will let you know if I hear anything back - it’s worth a try at least! Who knows what other kinds of companies might be interested in helping - maybe toiletries or snacks brands? It would be great if we could crowdsource a form letter with which to “reach out”.

4 Likes

Excellent. We definitely need a sheet company. Sheets and towels.

4 Likes

No I haven’t tried Tuft and Needle. AirbnbSecrets is my first online business and Casper was my first sponsored blog post and I’m just starting to experiment with this type of post. And fyi, my government has not dropped my tax case. I’m still fighting the 62,000$ sales and hotel tax bill. I went through 2 audits and they only dropped the ball on the income tax audit because they realized all my income has always been declared. It only took them 16 months of audit to figure that out…

@dcmooney, @konacoconutz, @KKC I sent the Nest sales team an e-mail a couple of days ago to see if they are still doing the offer and if I qualify…have not yet received a response…is there someone in particular that I should e-mail?