Helping guests to help themselves

I have done but prefer it fried if at all :slight_smile: desperate times. Based on the the wonderful three star review and complaints about the size of the room (acting as if I mislead them) no food!

No one should eat SPAM unless they are living in an underground bunker after the apocalypse or visiting Hawaiā€™i.

3 Likes

My kids do!!! But they were born and raised in Hawaii. :palm_tree::hibiscus::cherry_blossom::pineapple::sushi::bento::rice_ball::desert_island::rainbow::beach_umbrella::laughing:

Have you heard of this Korean dish? Itā€™s called army ration stew and was created during the war when GIs would throw canned foods to starving Koreans. Itā€™s got hot dogs, spam, ramen, tofu, scallions and Kim chi in it and my kids LOVE itā€¦!!! Served in Korea to this day.

2 Likes

@konacoconutz: Cool icons! And yes, Iā€™ve seen that very same dish on a Korean cooking showā€¦I think they plop a raw egg in the middle. (bleccht!) It was featured more as a Caucasian favorite. Love Korean food!

@KKC:
ā€¦or unless they have some great recipes! (hand raised!)

1 Like

The food is so hot that the raw egg cooks. Although Iā€™ve never eaten Spam as I quit eating meat as a child, I have eaten soon tofu with the raw egg which turns into a poached egg many times.

On Hawaiā€™i and on the islands of the Pacific you can get SPAM out of vending machines:

Moundsā€¦Doritosā€¦SPAMā€¦MarsBarā€¦RedHots

Whenever there is a longshoreman strike, people in Hawaii stock up on three things: TP, rice and SPAM.