Help with handling a demanding guest

I wonder if he meant one of those little exercise trampolines. Raise your heart rate with a minimum of stress on the joints. My mother had one. About a yard across and just a few inches above the floor.

I am terrified of women who are too chatty prior to arrival. My experience is that once they arrive, they inspect my flat with a fine comb and complain about everything. Turns out their husbands are sick of them so they take it out on me. I wish I could brand them and install a ‘no entry’ sigh on their chests. They are not worth the fees paid. If I am clever enough to spot this in the future, I will reject the reservation.

It’s really not a good idea to demonstrate such prejudice when you’re using Airbnb as an advertising platform.

1 Like

you dont say how your guest is set up-
has he used it before
your new - airbnb is firstly a travel community platform - so when you open your home to guests for more than a month they become housemates rather than guests - it goes both ways
being considerate - empty dishwasher , clean up after using kitchen - wipe down bathroom, do group shopping offer to shop, help, general house maintenance -

you might need to think of airbnb from different perspective - unlless you have started it as a business (more people do now) then your are a mini hotel and depending on your rates guests can ask - but you also need to give them a welcome book with all the do and donts
simple

@Joan, if your intent with two separate bookings was to avoid the possibility of a tenancy claim for a stay that exceeds 28 days, the law where I live states that multiple reservations adding up to >28 days don’t circumvent the possibility of a tenancy claim. You have probably read your local/county/state laws—if not, I suggest doing so. I’ve gone back to look at our laws multiple times, just to make sure I’m clear about everything.

@RebeccaF this is an international forum. We aren’t all governed by US legislation.

Our tenancy laws here in the UK don’t work like yours.

You are not a tenant in the UK when you share someone’s home under an STR and don’t have a contract.

Of course. But I’d imagine that other cities/countries could also have restrictions relating to length of stay and tenancy.

Of course we have our own tenancy laws, but they are not usually as draconian as yours and we tend to know how they work :grin:

@Joan’s comment from nearly two years that you decided to respond to isn’t talking about legal issues regarding long term stays but the fact its hard work having guests stay in your house for long periods.

1 Like

Thanks for the reality check Helsi!

Ironically, the Australian woman in question has just stayed for her third Summer visit x 3 weeks, with a Channel relay swim for each week under her belt.

A most welcome booking, as I’ve been closed for several weeks with the kittens suffering from a Campylobacter infection. She wasn’t worried, even helping me out with “decontamination” procedures.

1 Like