Help with a Review—A Guest That Could Talk Paint off a Barn

Fortunately (and unfortunately sometimes), my husband is a chatty-cathy. When we get guests like this, I just send him to deal with them. He enjoys it and, unfailingly, tells me how wonderful they are. It’s all a POV thing.

6 Likes

Stayed in an Airbnb once where the host was the super chatty one. It was billed as a stand alone apartment, and it did have a separate outside entrance, but it was in the basement and he banged on the upstairs interior door until we responded then basically barged in bearing banana bread. So we had to talk to him, AND taste his banana bread, AND tell him how wonderful it was. Until his wife took pity on us and called him away. He was a really nice fellow, obviously loved meeting people, and I’m sure that’s part of the reason he was hosting. I probably would have felt better if that basement door had an inside lock on it, however.

2 Likes

Agree! Had to read this for the title alone. What a hoot. Don’t think you can critique personality or complain about a nice loquacious guest, but the late night visit was not appropriate and should be addressed to save future hosts…

1 Like

Nice to have a complementary partner for hosting duties, you’re blessed!

1 Like