Help me confirm guest request? When is she arriving!?

Hi all,
I pride myself on my communication but may have missed the boat here. Or been hoodwinked. Not sure.

This woman arriving from the UK booked for 4 nights this week several months ago for Monday to Friday checkout. Then sent an alteration request via msgs wanting to change the dates from Tues to Saturday check out
for the reasons detailed below…Upon rereading her msg this a.m, I realize now that she may be expecting to come tonight but start paying tomorrow. I initially thought she was simply booking somewhere cheap by the airport for overnight as their flight arrives “late”. What do you all think from her message below? Is she getting a night for free essentially if she arrives at say 11 pm? I dont know when her flight arrives exactly! Thats what you get for assuming! I sent her a message asking her for approximate arrival time “tomorrow” but no word yet…
Thanks for your insight!

“Also, I realize that I can’t rent a car at the airport because our flight arrives too late in the evening to do so. I was wondering if I could bump my dates forward a day, from 11th September, and adding an additional day, checking out on 15th, if it’s available. Otherwise a cab will probably cost us the entire price of a day’s rental.”

I read her message as you did - that with their late arrival they’ll stay near the airport and get a rental car the following day. But sometimes people come up with wild assumptions, so I think it’s best you’re clarifying with her.

3 Likes

I don’t think she’s attempting to “hoodwink” you. Although it’s not fully clear what her intentions are it seems that she is trying to be honest and transparent. If she’s traveling today then good luck trying to reach her before her arrival tonight.

2 Likes

I cant believe I used the term “hoodwinked”…I must have stayed up too late listening to my gumshoe detective stories on the old radiotelegraph last night…:wink:

Ok, I will try not to be so suspicious…Youre absolutely right. This forum can do that to you at times!
Thanks!

3 Likes

And if she does show up you simply say "sorry there was some confusion, you have to pay for tonight. I’ll put in the request and once you accept it, we’re all set. " Don’t assume the worst and don’t take things personally.

And if there is any drama come back and update us straightaway! :wink:

4 Likes

But of course! :rofl: 202020

2 Likes

I read this like Allison did. The guest is saying that in your city she can’t pick up a rental car late at night, so she’s staying near the airport, picking up a car the next day and then coming to you a day later because she sees the cab as a waste (and would need to get back to the airport to get it the next day anyway). That’s how it sounds, but best to confirm because you never know with some people.

3 Likes

Sigh! My first reading and all of yours also was right! She just confirmed with me. I have to stop reading posts about nightmarish guests before bed! Thanks all!

4 Likes

I love this! I watch all old detective shows! Lol I adore Columbo :woman_shrugging:t3::laughing:

2 Likes

If I were you, I would have the place ready for her that night, just in case she does take a taxi or gets a ride and shows up. If that happens, let her sleep there that night and the next day explain that’s an additional night and send her a request to alter the dates again.

I have ran into this kind of message also. All I respond to the guest is "Please confirm your check-in and check-out dates. " So after she tells you what exact dates she wants, if you are available for the change, you can send her alternation request.

1 Like