Help! Cancel a guest because she posts terrible reviews?

Ok, stupid ? here… How can I find reviews a guest has left for other hosts? I’m not able to find that, & wonder if it’s only an option if I’m on my computer, as opposed to using the app on my phone or tablet.

I don’t use the app so couldn’t say. On the desktop version, when you are looking at the guest’s review page, just click on the profile photo of a host who reviewed her. That takes you to the host’s profile page. Scroll down the host’s reviews to find one left by the guest.

Ah, thank you! I so rarely use my desktop anymore.

If you can’t get there on the app, but still prefer to use your phone rather than your computer, you can just use the browser on your phone to log in outside the app, just as you’d do on your computer.

Thank you, tech challenged here! Hadn’t thought of logging in on a different browser :thinking:

Not talking about using a different browser. I use Chrome browser on both my phone and my computer. I’m talking about typing in airbnb.com in the browser address bar on your phone, as you would type in other internet sites you might visit, rather than using the app.

(I’m pretty much a techno-idiot myself)

You’re not going to see it on a tablet. You need to install the AirReview extension for your computer browser, which is the only way you can see the reviews that guests do, as well as other hosts reviews of them.

It’s not a good idea to only use the app. Air changes things on the main site all the time but app users my never know about them, and I found that Air messaging is far more reliable on the computer than on my phone. I only have the app on my phone so I get notices of bookings right away.

No, using Air Review is not the only way to see the reviews guests have left for hosts. All you have to do is click on the host’s profile who left the guest a review, which takes you to the host’s profile page, you scroll down to see how that guest reviewed the host.

Air Review glitched out for me a long time ago- would say "The host (or guest) did not leave a review, when they most certainly did.

I found this out when I asked a host why he doesn’t review any of his guests. He responded that he always leaves guest reviews. When I then clicked on his guests’ profiles, his reviews of them were there.

I now check the above, manual way.

Duly noted, thanks a bunch!

Guess it’s time for me to visit Air’s site on my desktop. Thank you for the heads up!

Same here, rarely works and after getting in bed with Airbnb and the data scraping company they can hardly complain about a lack of funding.

Had great potential, shame really.

JF

It’s been updated at least twice in the past year.

I have a question, how do you know how many stars a guest left for the last place? I’ve read reviews but have never seen the star rating. My last guest reviews were great for other hosts, mine she just tore apart, not my place just everything surrounding it, location too natural, smell too natural, lighting outside too natural, There was no indication of this from prior reviews and it lowered my rating significantly

Message that particular host and ask.
I recently had a request from a 3.5 review guest. Her previous host had 1 starred her, yet the one before was 5 .
Asked the guest and messaged the host.
The stories had some common threads, but the host came across as a control freak.
Hosted the guest and family and all 5 stars from me.

1 Like

Too natural??? Never heard that one before. Maybe she should have booked somewhere artificial, like some tacky Las Vegas place.

2 Likes

I was curious.

Using my phone, I tried to do this for a person doing inquiry only & a guest with a booking.

Using Airbnb.com I could view prior hosts’ reviews of guest & guest’s review of hosts.

Using the App, only hosts’ reviews of guest were viewable.

I’ve never used the app. But I know the desktop version has functionalities the app doesn’t.

@patti I don’t recall the timing but please keep us in the loop when the guest checks-in.
Fingers crossed that it will be a good experience for all.

OK she checked out yesterday. Whew! And she leaves a review right away! Oh yikes!!

At check-in I did talk to her about her previous stay and her 1 star review. She stuck to her story that the place was terrible. I sympathised but also gently let her know that 1 start reviews can be very damaging to a host, she didn’t seem too concerned. She did seem pleased with my place at check in and I explained how I wanted to give her the best Airbnb experience ever.

I went above and beyond with my hospitality. She had early check in and late check out ( I offered, it was no skin off my back and actually easier for me). I offered to pick up groceries for her since she had a really bad cold and no car (she declined the offer).
She replied to my usual first morning message asking if everything is ok with another question, politely, but she never said "everything is great, thanks! " like most people do. Hmmmm. But maybe I’m overthinking it.
She left without a thank you or anything, again, a bit unusual but not a crime. No damage or extra cleaning. All in all her stay was fine and if I didn’t know her history I wouldn’t think twice about it.

My husband is convinced she left us a five star review. I’m not so sure. Anyway I’m glad its over. Will post again when I read her review.

4 Likes

Hey there @patti ! I was thinking about making a bad guest list across all bnb platforms to prevent this type of thing from happing. Yes, it can be done in a way that doesn’t violate privacy. Does anyone want to provide me input on the project before I start? No gimmicks. Just really want to build something we all can use and would like feedback from a few folks so that I’m not just building for myself here. :slight_smile: