Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Help! Air only collects Alabama State Tax and does not collect the 7% Local Tax

I’ve been with Airbnb for a year now. I’ve been very successful, but have one complaint. Airbnb only collects the State Tax, but does not collect the local 7% hospitality tax that I have to pay on a monthly basis. This has cost me personally thousands of dollars out of my own pocket. Airbnb suggests that I collect the 7% through the resolution center before check in. However, I have looked at other listings on Dauphin Island and nobody else is doing that. Also, I can’t increase my price any further, due to the competition’s pricing. Any suggestions…or, am I just going to have to keep paying the 7%. Anyone else have this same issue???

It seems foolhardy to be paying thousands out of your own pocket.

Add the 7% to your listing and see what happens.

I agree. Very foolhardy. I’ll add the 7% to my listing now…we shall see! Thanks!

@bcswain
Just now saw your thread and just wanted to mention that you may need a tad more than 7% because you have to offset the 3% loss due to credit card fees. That’s why my Airbnb rates are 3% higher than my direct booking/cash prices.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!