Has anyone lost a review?

Really? Our understanding is once both reviews are posted that neither host or guest can ask Air to “hey please remove my review due to X”.
Is there a secret sauce to achieving this?

No secret sauce, just using Airbnb’s policy to your advantage and some persistence in my experience. Much easier to remove your own review than a review about you.

Your mileage may vary.

Ok I’ll bite. What made you want to remove your own review? And how did you convince them to do so?
It has always been our understanding that this was not an option - though at the moment I can’t think of a reason we would want to do it.

Randomoid has already stated on this forum that he doesn’t review guests. Perhaps he’s just relating something he heard hanging out on the internet.

1 Like

Feel free to PM if really really curious. It doesn’t feel nice to be attacked by other regulars, including moderators on occasion, for simply relating my experience in response to an OP’s question, so these days, I prefer to refrain from responding to anything other than honest follow ups by the OP.

1 Like

I am sure it would not if it was true. If you are personally attacked by a member or mod please flag the post for review.

You need thick skin around here, just because someone gives advice/opinions that you do not agree with or want to hear that does not make it an attack. There is a lot to learn on this forum if you are open to it. Take the best and leave the rest!

RR

Thanks for the flagging tip of which I am aware, but respectfully, it doesn’t work for moderator speech. For example, yours truly in this post put down what I’ve “ever learned about this business” even though you know precious little about me; and in this very thread, @KKC above is saying that what I explicitly qualified as “my experience” (original unedited wording) is probably not my experience, which is a statement about the poster’s integrity or lack thereof.

Agree on and comfortable with thick skin. Disagreement on and criticism of hosting-related content of a poster is fine and welcome, but ascribing a negative intent to the person posting (or really saying anything at all negative about the poster) is not nice. One would think that that is a universally accepted etiquette of civil discourse, and does also appear to be part of the community guidelines of this site you moderate

1 Like

You have stated here that you don’t review guests.

Emphasis mine. So yes, I am pointing out what appears to be inconsistency in what you have posted. Maybe I misunderstood what “never” means to you. I don’t know why you consider that an attack. It’s just a statement of what I’ve observed you posting.

2 Likes

“Never write” doesn’t preclude hanging ever written in the past, but the perceived “attack” really was the gratuitous allusion in your second sentence. It’s fairly micro in its aggression compared to other things on this site directed at me or others, so let’s move on.

PS: You shouldn’t presume you know a person’s pronouns these days, especially if you don’t know them.

@randomoid AITA? Yes, usually I am. But I do think about what I post here from time to time. So in reflection I think I may have misread your intent above. You’ve stated that you don’t review guests and I would guess that you also don’t review the hosts you stay with for the reason of privacy which you’ve posted about here.

So now when I read this statement

I see that you’re probably referring to having reviews you wrote for hosts removed and by extension think rubychix’s guest might have done the same.

LOL. Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard. And I’m also aware that on Airbnb you use some sort of ungendered monniker. So I’ll ask and honor your request. What pronouns do you prefer?

JG

1 Like

This was his first AirBnb stay. He just moved to San Francisco from Puerto Rico. CS found the review, but confirm it was no longer among my reviews.

1 Like

Not in this instance, as I brought it up when we met for lunch. He stayed a month & my partner & I helped him get settled-

That is odd and a shame since it was such a nice one. And my idea that it’s at the end of your reviews with those from foreigners wouldn’t apply. Or shouldn’t apply. Airbnb CS probably don’t know that people from Puerto Rico are Americans. :wink:

“They” please, awkward as it may sound, but since you asked, :slight_smile: and thanks for asking.

1 Like

I sure like my kettle, it heats the water right up.

RR

5 Likes

It’s not so awkward for me, but there are times when I or someone else here uses “they” and then someone complains about that too.

I am shopping for a new quilt!

4 Likes

I just love my pomposity detector…

JF

2 Likes

That crossed my mind as well :roll_eyes: