Hardest part of hosting?

I’ve considered allowing dogs again, as people are very willing to pay more money to be able to bring their 4-legged member of the family with them. The reason I’m hesitating is exactly that—doggies on the bed. I’m not cool with that at all, although I’m sure most people with dogs think nothing of it. And there would be no way for me to enforce that rule as once they check in, I don’t go in their room (or upstairs at all). So I wouldn’t discover it until after checkout, most of my guests check out while I’m at work.

I am not sure that allowing pets is a good idea because we have sometimes clients that are allergic to animals. We are doing very good cleaning but is it a risk to mix pets and clients that are allergic?

1 Like

Maltese and other long-haired silky dogs don’t shed! But they do have other issues! :smile:

1 Like

If I were at an Airbnb and the host asked my not to let the dogs on the bed I would comply, but I wouldn’t think of it if I weren’t asked. That said, if the dogs are used to being allowed on the bed, they will probably jump up on their own so the owners would have to be vigilant about telling the dogs no.

1 Like

My Maltese has gotten too tubby to get up on the bed by herself and has to be lifted like a princess. :smile:

4 Likes

Your doggie looks very cute. I expect you spoil her. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

maybe just a teeny bit… :smile: She has been SO good for my soul! But aren’t all dogs?

1 Like

Exactly, and that would be stressful to the human and doggie guests! Don’t want to cause guests stress.

Aw, what a precious, sweet girl. How can you get anything done with that adorable tummy waiting to be rubbed?

So much cuteness!!!

1 Like

I allow dogs but do not allow them to roam freely around my home. They are welcome on the bed but you do not get my expensive linens put on the bed. :slight_smile: The girl I was referring to had blood (dogs chewing on bones) and lots of the dirt ground into my sheets from the dogs running in our yard. Black dirt. I got most of it out. She was so responsible though, she said “let me know if you can’t get that out. I will replace them”.

I use one of the moisture barrier mattress pads which keeps the odor out. It helps me know they won’t tinkle on it too.

Right now nobody can book my place! As it’s ever happened to any of you? The server went down for Airbnb, it’s been 48 hours

The hardest part of hosting is waiting for the guest to arrive. Hardly anyone arrives on time. Most of them are one to five hours late. Even worse are the ones that arrive earlier than agreed on.

I have a new policy, clearly stated all over “no arrival after 10 pm strict” since I need sleep, too. Sick and tired of staying up all night, waiting for guests to arrive. This new policy did improve things, a little. I guess it scared away some potential guests, too.

3 Likes

I will echo the cleaning, but also HAVING THE SAME CONVERSATIONS OVER AND OVER

4 Likes

Lol! I even use the same jokes over and over! :smile: often wonder if my neighbors hear me sounding like a broken record!

4 Likes

Me too. “And here’s the kitchen, original from 1949 - even older than me.” I say it every time but it usually gets a chuckle :slight_smile:

4 Likes

(chuckle!)…

1 Like

Isn’t it clickable? I just edited it?

It’s clickable now. Thanks. Though the capitalization of the first W is unnecessary, imo.