Had to cancel same day stay

Oh definitely he’s the smarmiest of the pair, but I was also wondering if he had poor reviews and so couldn’t lead with his account anymore. I totally would not be surprised.

1 Like

Oh no! That’s just scary. And wrong. Ewwww! Thank goodness they intercepted this guy. I do hate they already have our addresses by that time.

1 Like

Right?

It was in my first year of hosting and we had 3 units at once and I was just sort of rolling with the punches and kind of thought it was just part of the deal. I’m probably more miffed by it now than I was then.

Can we help … PUL-LEASE? (blink, blink)

3 Likes

LOL! I must confess, @Jefferson, before the straw that broke the camels back, I was already putting together a thread in my mind to ask you guys (and specifically thinking of you) how to review my horrible people even if they left my place clean.

@JJD you have to let @Jefferson take a stab at the details. I mean, just look at that face (in your mind) (blink, blink)

1 Like

Of course! I’m thinking maybe a haiku with the word porcine sprinkled in, lol.

It’s been awhile since I had to write a negative review. These might be our worst guests ever, but I have to think about it, I tend to forget the bad ones.

2 Likes

First draft :joy: I call it:

Guest or Porcupine?

You Guest, not my best
Dirty, rude, pig. Porcupine?
One star for you, Pest!

5 Likes

Like the centerpiece at a Filipino birthday party.

(For those who may not have had the pleasure, this is before the forks come out (also this one seems small to me. I’ve never seen one small enough to not have its own table):

lechon

1 Like

It is so creepy. I read a post from a young, female Japanese host. She was asking for advice because she had a male guest who was coming on to her and she didn’t know how to handle it. Not only was he making sexually charged remarks, he’d been trying to hug and kiss her. She said she’d just been wriggling away and going to a different part of the house. She thought because he was a guest, she had to put up with it.

So, a combination of her living in a culture where total politeness is considered to be necessary in social situations, her lack of assertiveness regarding boundaries, and thinking all guest behavior must be endured, led to an extremely uncomfortable and potentially dangerous situation.

Other hosts advised her to contact Airbnb to report him and have him cancelled asap, to ask a friend or family member to stay with her until he was gone, to list her home-share as “females only”, and that it would be a good idea for her to take an assertiveness training course, as well as self-defense, if she was going to continue to host alone.

3 Likes

Ewwwww. That’s horrendous. Fecking creeps.

1 Like

You definitely dodged a bullet!

1 Like

Oh no. I’m a host and I don’t get the joke. Help!

LOL! Ok, so any post/reply must be a minimum of 20 characters. People will use “202020…” to make the min character count sometimes. Re-read with that info and it should make sense :wink:

Got it. Thank you so much.

1 Like

No problem! 20202020 :wink:

1 Like