Guests wants fresh towels

@Alanmelsky Um why are you directing that to me? We give as many towels as folks want- we have tons in the linen closet, just put out minimum of two bath towels per person plus stacks of hand towels and washcloths are in the bathroom

Because people havenā€™t mastered the reply buttons. And some people are on computer and some on phones. Itā€™s even harder to see on a handheld.

3 Likes

My opinion as a host and a guest is that guests donā€™t usually ask for things theyā€™d like because they donā€™t want to inconvenience you.

Speaking for myself - when Iā€™m a guest I am hesitant to request anything I donā€™t absolutely need or cannot get for myself. I see it as a withdrawal from the ā€œGood willā€ bank account I assume a host has for me. Being on this forum may have jaded me because some hosts get activated over guests asking questions or asking FOR things - especially if they ask more than one.

The second opinion Iā€™ll share is that charging for a new towel stresses out the guest. I know because I was that guest. Ā£30 for an extra towel. When I booked I thought, ā€œNo big deal - I use the same towel for several days at my own homeā€. But this host didnā€™t provide a wash cloth or hand towel either which I didnā€™t know until after arriving from a redeye and wanting to wash up! I never felt completely comfortable at that place because I was fearful Iā€™d inadvertently get charged for something - that one charge now made me see the host as someone unmoveable. This is a more extreme example but I do think the more you nickel and dime guests the less at ease they feel. Itā€™s better to raise your rate a few dollars.

BTW - I leave 6 towels at all times and get singles, couples, families of 4 and very occasionally 6 people who are willing to sleep on air mattresses. But I also have a washer/dryer for them to use (and almost no-one uses it).

4 Likes

Bwahaha couldnā€™t resist reviving this convo:

7 Likes

4 bath towels, 4 hand towels, 4 -6 washcloths white and dark, per every 2 guests. No one has ever asked for more towels. When I open my outdoor tub, there will be more in that area. Of course if any guest requested, they can have more fresh ones. Really they are so inexpensive at places like Kohlz.
And we did finally have a guest that utilized a flat sheet that was right there in the cabinet, to put between her and the clean duvet cover!

1 Like

Yep, I would, too. I often get hot in the night and just want the top sheet over maybe my shoulders and the duvet on the rest of me. Itā€™s like layering clothes so you can take off the sweater and still have a shirt underneath.

Iā€™ll never understand the no top sheet people.

6 Likes