Guests taking advantage of laundry

That’s fine but in this case the need to be prepared to pay as they would in any laundromat.

I am very very glad I don’t offer laundry to guests, although some will fill up the tub and do it in the tub and take it out to the line.

My unit doesn’t have a washer/dryer (yaay!) but there is a laundry room with coin-operated machines on the property. For guests who stay longer than 7 nights…er, make that 8 nights, I give them a one-time complimentary wash and dry to do their personal laundry.

It’s something new I implemented and it’s unadvertised.

It depends on my mood.

(ha!)

2 Likes

If they are here longer than two weeks I offer a complimentary change of linens and towels. Most have not taken me up on it.

Gandy,

Do you have a way to know if guests are doing more loads than they pay for? The reason I ask is because people from certain cultures sometimes have the attitude “if you let me cheat you then that is your fault.” Hopefully 95% of people aren’t like that.

The honor system just brought back memories of a business trip I was on. We walked by an honor system fruit/vegetable stand in a residential neighborhood. My colleague from South Africa started laughing so hard and just had to email his friend back home a pic. It just struck him as being so hilarious, because he said in South Africa (or at least the area he was from) someone would take all the vegetables within an hour. Now he wouldn’t (so I am not trying to describe entire races and saying an entire race will cheat someone) but it made me laugh so hard just watching him laugh so hard and needing to share with his friend back home.

I am thinking of removing it… We will see

1 Like

I offer change of linens and room cleaning once for stays over 7 nights

Lo, dont start another racial argument here, please:)

2 Likes

Of course I thought the same thing. But I just decided to go for it. And pretty much everyone would leave the money the would even ask me for change. I emptied it once to go buy more detergent and to my surprise it had more than $30.
And they some guests wouldn’t like that they were being charged so they just wouldn’t wash.
You can just try it and see how it goes for you

1 Like

I can’t believe you people are so pathetic and petty. If you do the math on a standard home washer and dryer as far as electric and water costs go, you’re looking at maybe a dollar for a load of laundry. You spoiled brats are having your mortgages paid for by strangers and charging people $90 a day cleaning fees to do nothing and you complain about a guest using your precious washing machine. You put the washer and dryer in your amenities for a reason right? Oh, never mind, the reason was to pretend like you were offering it, but you didn’t actually mean it. It was fake, just like your personalities and smiles I’m sure you give your dreaded guests.

I found this because I’m going to an Airbnb with laundry tonight and wanted to see if there were any pathetic losers who got upset over it. Thought I might find one, but 30! I’m glad I found you scum suckers cuz now I’m bring in as many loads as I can. Gonna spend all day and night abusing your washer and dryer… and While I’m at it I’m gonna run all the sinks and bath tubes for the entire time, turn on all lights and appliances to max out the circuit boards and blast the ac alllllllllll night long. Gonna five this bitch an electric and gas bill the likes of which she’s never seen before. Who knows, I might even steal some shit too.

Fuck air BNB loser entitled brat hosts. Ungrateful. I’m gonna spread the word to the rest of the guests. You think a guest using you washing machine for a night is bad? Get ready bitch! You ain’t seen nothin yet.

Welcome to our community!

not