Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Guest's phone number

I remember that you could go to your messages in the airbnb inbox and look at the guest’s phone number. This used to work as early as last month. Now, I don’t see any phone numbers for any guests. Also, the phone numbers used to be in the reservation reminder emails, but you don’t get those if the guest books less than a couple of days in advance. This is problematic b/c my entry code is based on the guest’s phone number. Did something change from airbnb’s side? thanks.

Look at “Your Reservations”

thanks…that works!

1 Like

I just discovered that once the reservation is over, the guests’ phone number disappears! What a disaster that almost was. I also use the phone number to create their code, and when I went to remember the code after they left [forgot to make a notation] the number was gone. I was lucky that the guest responded to an AirBNB internal message with the code. I am now religious about keeping a copy of their phone number and code in my personal calendar.

2 Likes

I do exactly the same thing and jot it down in my amazingly low-tech diary :slight_smile:

1 Like

The phone numbers are stored in “your reservation”

Currently, we still have access to former guests’ contact info under reservations. I do expect that Air might block the contact info in the future as it makes direct bookings with repeat guests quite easy.

I don’t do this with every guest because I have mostly one nighters but quite often I put their mobile number in my cell phone. If someone thinks they are going to want the number later they should probably save them.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!