Guests on their Honeymoon

What a cheek! You should get a cancellation without refund.

1 Like

I am actually entering into correspondence to try and make them take an earlier bus. Let’s see how this works out.

Yes I have done that before or a taxi instead from the station when buses are glacial on a Sunday.

Well the honeymooners arrived, slept and left. Turns out they did in fact take an earlier bus, as suggested by me. So this does show, once again, that entering into correspondence with guests does help a lot.

I didn’t buy any champagne or anything, though. They were pretty nice guests.

Thank you everybody for helping me get over the fright that came with this special booking.

5 Likes

As they say it is “part of their honeymoon”. I did a trip to the Greek islands once and stayed in (pre AirBnB) a 5 star resort, rooms for rent at the quayside and a cheap motel with a noisy air conditioner and an even noisier goat next door. Some people like a bit of variety in their travels and the chance to expose themselves to different experiences. I wouldn’t be concerned.

1 Like

I once stayed in a 2* hotel in Shanghai that hadn’t been updated since Sun Yat-Sen. Now THAT was an adventure. But I wouldn’t have changed it. The location was awesome and I was mixing with the locals.

2 Likes

In the next room???

2 Likes

Well it was Greece :goat::goat::goat:

(but no, in the yard over the back)

1 Like

Ahh. I particularly liked the donkey on Lefkas, next door, that brayed at 5.30 am precisely.

2 Likes