Guests name is New User!

I just accepted a booking with no name except New User. I had to message her and ask her name. She responded that she was surprised that the reservation didn’t have her name which she said is Pat.
How can Airbnb allow this? She has a photo though.
Also, this is the first time we didn’t get an email confirming the booking.
Gotta love Airbnb :unamused:

This year, I get so many guests who are first-time users of Airbnb. This company is still growing at a phenomenal rate, and I have a strong feeling that the IT is not able to keep up with the speed of growth.

What you are seeing “no name except New User” is probably one example of problems caused by high growth rates, and the IT system not being able to keep up.

1 Like

I had someone called You, no photo, thought they would be Chinese?

They were not.

Nothing to do with the system, has always been like that.

1 Like

This one was not a first timer, she’s been on Airbnb since 2014 and has 6 reviews

This happened last year around this time. It was a glitch on the Airbnb end (of course). There was also the related glitch where just about ever user was showing as being from Kellyville, OK or Lindenwold, NJ regardless of what they’d filled in on their profile.

1 Like

Nope it would be a simple code for them to make it mandatory for guest to supply name and photo. It doesn’t matter how popular the site is,

2 Likes

Yes, but Airbnb would then also need to program the code to actually display guest name and photo, to people looking at the site. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Perhaps it would be just about time for them to hire a second software engineer. I guess it is too much to ask of Airbnb founder and CTO Nathan Blecharczyk to continue doing all the programming on his own.

3 Likes