Guests left horrible smell

Hello everyone!

So I just had two guests stay (from a China) for severs and upon entering the premesis it smelled absolutely terrible. My best guess they either smoked, but the smell could also be weird herbs or tea. It’s an awful smell.

I’m really not happy about this. We have a strict non-smoking policy.

How do I go about doing something about this with AirBnB? I have new guests coming in a few hours and I don’t know what I can do about this… I don’t think I’m able to prove smell?

Unless you can provide some sort of iron clad evidence that your guests smoked, you are correct in thinking you won’t be able to get Airbnb to help you.

Your real problem at the moment is iradicating the odor as soon as possible. If you’re able, open the windows in the room. Turn on the ceiling fan if you’ve got one. Place a floor fan in the room pointing out the window if you’ve got one.

Wash all fabrics in the room that you can, and spray any you cannot with a product designed to eliminate odors in fabric. Though I hate the stuff, I use Fabreeze in a pinch.

I’d also wipe down as many hard surfaces as you can.

This still may not completely eliminate the smell, but it should help a lot.

There’s a similar post on this forum from a year or so ago. If I remember correctly, the smell was caused by boiling a root. It is considered medicinal in that culture.

1 Like

You know what, that sounds very plausible…