Guests laying sleeping on my settee in my private space

Luckily (?) they were blasting the space heater and drying their hair, so they had tripped a breaker, and the box was in the bathroom, so I found it very soon.

They were young… it wasn’t so bad - I set up a fan and let it run all night…

I hope they werent drying their hair at 12 midnight lol :wink:

No, but two of the girls were giggling so loud at that time that I thought they’d seen a mouse or something and were screaming. I knocked on their door and asked what was wrong, They said they’d be quiet, but according to my son who’s room is above that guest room, they were not. Crazy story, they were also Chinese! ; ) (But some of my best guests have been Chinese, so I don’t think I can blame it on that. More just young and clueless, not a good fit for a sharing situation.

Totally the same and can relate! What did they say when you knocked their door? They sound like the same guests i just had lol

1 Like

When I was reading up on Chinese and the water issues it was saying something about they are used to splashing water all over the place and putting away wet dishes because they see dish drying cloths as being dirty. It was something about the water being soft vs. hard over there.

Oh, good thought - they didn’t use any towels! But I’ve had roommates that were Chinese, and they traveled with their own towels that were about hand-towel size. And my son, when discussing towels, said that they think those big towels are full of bacteria. Maybe that’s what happened, the dude drip-dried all over my new tile floor!

1 Like

Airbnb are paying for 2 nights out of guests money, I think, based on a fact that keep on breaking rules.
My opinion that you should have told the girls on what is going on. Sounds like you were timid about confronting them about food they ate, and their behavior in general, lights, noise and so on. I feel a bit uneasy reading that they do not really know that you called Airbnb and are getting them out of your house without them knowing about it

Yana_Agapova, if you read my previous posts, I did confront them about the food, the bath, the lights, the unlocked door, etc etc. They knew everything before I contacted Airbnb and still continued their nonsense. I’m not like that. I actually contacted airbnb to say I re considered and I would let them stay the second night, because I thought they would then get the message after I confronted them, but off course their behaviour got worse, with noise and they still helped themselves to the fruit, and left my private space a complete tip with their belongings. So they were told again, and as I say it still continued, so I contacted airbnb again to say ive had enough!!

Hi, I just reread your posts and again i dont see where you confronted them. You are listing what they were doing, but only once you told them about overflowing bathtub, and asked them about food. This is when i would tell them, in response to their 'we just had cereal": food is not included in the price of your room.
I had guests like this n a very beginning. They cooked for hours, late at nigh they were loud, walked everywhere with their shoes on. IN short, it was a nightmare. Then i was not sure what to do and what to say.
Well, i learned. Now, i speak up every single time i see something i do not like.
as host we encounter so many different cultures and differnt personalities, people come from all kinds of backgrounds. There is no such thing as common sense with some of us.

i had a couple recently, who were making out right in my living room around midnight. I wanted to tell them to get a room, but then i remebered, they did rent a room!! WHy on earth they would be kissing with noises in a middle of my living room?? They were not even that young, in their 30s. That was really awkward when i had to get up from bed, and wisper to them to stop because we cant sleep.
I am glad it all resolved for you, but if it was me, i would let them know ahead of time that i am contacting Airbnb, not after the fact.

Did, I not mention it in my posts? Maybe youre right, but I was so stressed i obviously forgot. And again, Yes I did mention about the food as soon as I caught them out, but still they didnt listen, and still continued to help themselves. I also did mention that i would be contacting airbnb after the noise incident. I’m sorry i didnt make myself clearer in the posts. However I done everything the way it should off been done, and Ive no regrets.

If you warned them, then of course you did the right thing. I just had an impression they did not know since you said it was awkward for you that they still were in your house and Airbnb supposed to tell them about the problem with stay

Aye I just meant it was awkward, as in telling someone to leave my home, as Ive never experienced anything like it before :0

Sunshine, Yana and DC, these are the types of things that would make me want to quit doing this immediately! I just looked at my Abnb earnings for the year 2015, about 19,000. It’s really a lot of work for that money and wear and tear on my place. I could get a job at Macy’s and make that same money part time. Feeling burned out and over it!!! And have back to back guests here through March 1 when it’s blocked off for repairs.

You should definitely leave negative reviews, and DC you should request compensation for the flooded bath damage. Ugh!!! Guests!!!

(That being said, I have the two nicest guests ever right now…perfect to have come in while I was away in DC!!!)

2 Likes

The problem is that the host was not on site? How about the problem was that the guests were assholes?

1 Like

Just expected that on-site hosts would engender more polite behaviour. If not, that’s really stressful. Fortunately, we’ve been blessed with really good guests to date, maybe partly due to my stringent vetting of introductory emails. Also, no IB permitted,