Guest Writing a Bad Review on someone else Behalf! Is this allowed?

This was an American unfortunately. My fellow American usually give me the best reviews.

1 Like

Speaking as one who has fought and fought to have unfair and mean sprinted reviews removed, I can tell you that you are wasting your time. I even had a sad sack blame me for being the latest unlucky thing in his unlucky life and how I had failed him so hard by not providing service like maids do in hotels. It was full of vitriol and nastiness but they would not remove it. Escalating on twitter will do nothing.

So, you can either let it go or respond in a VERY non confrontational manner. Do not be defensive. Future guests will want to know how you respond to com0laints. You can end up being worse than the review if you are not careful. The best way is factual and non emotional. I address the guest in the third person to keep it neutral. “This guest obviously did not understand the difference between and Airbnb and a hotel…”

If you want to run the response by us first feel free. It’s very hard to do, very tricky. You need to give it a few days to think it over if you must respond.

I hate the patronizing way they write these emails. Hope this post finds you well, please have a splendid day.

1 Like

Thanks so much Kona, I think I won’t reply back.I’ll just take it positively and a possible warning to future guests that love to cook in the kitchen. Its sad that they can get away with it.

Yes, no more kitchen or laundry. Let them go put. Plenty of good places to eat in Kapaa.

My experience of guests who overuse the kitchen is that they are so intent on spending their time in someone else’s kitchen that they will not listen to any limits or boundaries. If you can get away with it I would not allow kitchen use.
To me other people using my kitchen is purgatory. Dirtying the hob, mis stacking the dishwasher, awful smells, damp and burning. No thanks.

I have not had any negative experiences of guests using my kitchen. On the contrary they have cooked me food, shared food and recipes with me.

I have to say all my guests (over three years) have kept the kitchen clean. Normally wash up after themselves and put things away (even though I have a dishwasher) and I love the smells of the various food coming out of my kitchen.

I agree with them times when i might need exclusive use and it works fine.

You are very very lucky as most people do not have your experience with kitchen use. That’s why so many don’t allow cooking.
And some go to extreme and don’t allow guests to even enter kitchen.
I was hit very hard in the very begining by a group of 4 who rented two rooms. These guys spent in a kitchen between 4-6 hours every day . Their food smelled awful . They used some kind of vinegary sauces and I couldn’t breathe after their cooking. They hang out on a kitchen area non stop , talking loudly ,laughing and sometimes arguing with each other. It was just terrible. They stayed for 2.5 weeks but it seemed like eternity. They cleaned but I always had to reclean after them as they did only very light cleaning leaving crumbs everywhere, greasy countertops and sink .I never had this bad experience after but I had die hard cooks that promted me to create a rule of limited cooking with detailed explanation.
We often have guests from Latino America . They are the ones who like to cook everything from scratch and always ask about kitchen .

Even now I have for the past 16 months a couple who cook and most times they are ok with cleaning . But I had other guests while I was away and they complain that the couple always leaves dirty dishes overnight. I couldn’t believe it when I saw this in my reviews. We already had the conversation many times with them to not do it. After I confronted the woman she said ok then , I will be washing dishes even at midnight . I said, no , you can not actually use kitchen after 9 pm at all .
There is often some kind of conflict going on with those who like to cook. I also have other guests, and they also are not happy with the cooking couple who often cook at late hours disturbing everyone. .