Guest with a horrible review

i still think that the zero (IN CAPS!) checkout thing sounds weird. It’s as if the departing guest has a list of checkout items to do and needs to get a one hundred percent score or something.

I wonder if this is a relatively new host with unusual expectations? Guests do move furniture around - I’ve done it myself as a guest. I’ve moved it back of course :angel: but I’ve had plenty of guests who haven’t. No big deal.

As for unmade beds, I’ve never expected departing guests to make the bed. After all, I have to strip the bed and do the laundry so it doesn’t matter if the bed is made or not. Dirty towels on the floor are no big deal either. Most guests leave dirty towels in the hamper but if they are left on the bathroom floor, it’s no big deal - it takes me 30 seconds to pick them up. Pillows on the floor probably take another fifteen seconds. And I’d say that 50% of guests leave their pre-departure dirty dishes.

None of those issues seem to justify the vitriolic and rather hysterical review in which the host doth protest too much.

It sounds to me to be an inexperienced host who thinks that somehow guests today are a new breed of superguest and are expected to behave, clean and detail a place impeccably - rather than realising that they are actually just people.

3 Likes

Remember, they claimed to be Superhosts so they should have some experience. Although I guess you don’t really need that much…just a few good guests and some good luck.

This feels like one of those good (if they in fact exist) reality TV shows. What will the guest do on his/her next stay with our beloved Moderator? Who’s the real villain in this story? Seriously, the anticipation is killing me. I would love to see that Host’s past reviews. Can’t wait for the next “episode” to drop!

4 Likes

Yep. I got SH with the first quarter’s results and a lot of others do too. And so if the host in question got SH after the first quarter, they could have only 3 months in the business. Possibly.

Me too.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I did as well. What funny is that I didn’t even know what it was or that it existed, so it was quite a surprise to get that email, and certainly nothing I strived to attain.

2 Likes

I agree with you all on this.
Just wanted to say, we have been locked in a bathroom during stays. Once in a hotel 3 years ago and once 1 week ago in an Airbnb. The skeleton key was either very worn or broken and my son spent 5 minutes trying to get out. Luckily both had windows, which didn’t have to be used. :grin: In the first instance, the maintenance man took the frosted glass insert out of the door.

2 Likes

Yeah, well. I, myself, did not. I have p’d and moaned too much about my :poop: :poop: :poop: first ever loser dirtbag stay in the forum so I will leave it there. I worked hard, and with a little luck and lot of “tap dancing for the guest”, I have overcome. And I’m really not bitter about it ( :roll_eyes:) :joy:

4 Likes

Which is exactly why when new hosts say their goal is to get Superhost status asap, it’s so naive and misguided. One crappy guest early on can make that a pipe dream for quite awhile.

Getting good, hassle free guests is a high enough goal to set for oneself.

7 Likes

So the guest came and went, he earned 5 stars and so did I.

He was a great guest, left the place clean and is welcome back anytime.

RR

6 Likes