Guest who received a négative review threatened me

It most definitely doesn’t “say it all”. It says nothing, except that for some reason you yourself wouldn’t rent to that person again.

Perhaps you are bothered by things other hosts wouldn’t be.

Perhaps you can’t stand guests who fail to answer your messages promptly, but other hosts don’t expect that.

Perhaps you have a lengthy list of house rules, attempting to micromanage every aspect of a guest’s behavior.

Perhaps you are a home share host who would understandably find a guest with poor social skills to be one you wouldn’t welcome back, but that wouldn’t be an issue for an entire home host.

Just because we are all hosts doesn’t mean we all have the same reasons for not wanting to rent to someone again.

6 Likes

We try to leave honest reviews now since we noticed that most host are trying to leave good reviews even for horrible guests and the cycle never ends. We stoped caring if we get bad reviews from horrible guests and we always have the final say in the reply :slight_smile: . There are thankfully more great guests. She can’t really create a lot of fake accounts and every time she wants to leave a bad review she would need to book and pay for her stay :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Call the police and make a report of these threats.

Call airbnb and ask for guests to be removed from platform for these threats. And we hosts wont miss that guest!

If you have a lockbox change the code.

If need be change the locks.

Think about installing security cameras if you dont have them already if you do think about where they are positioned.

Sorry you had this happen.

1 Like

‘We try to leave honest reviews now since we noticed that most host are trying to leave good reviews even for horrible guests and the cycle never ends.’

This is going to be my MO from now on. I have always given good reviews of even ‘so so’ guests but following a recent experience when I as the host left a good review on a guest who was a pain in the 'a…e throughout her and her husband’s thankfully short stay and she in her review wrote a lengthy diatribe on poor cleanliness, totally without justification. She clearly spent her time finding fault with everything rather than trying to have a good time /exploring the area. I was very hurt and felt a fool in being so kind to this horrible woman.

I prefer not to leave any reviews than writing good reviews on “so so” guests. Two weeks ago, after a month’s stay, a really friendly and sociable young couple left me a small gift and said that they would leave me an excellent review while my apartment left by them required more than 10 hours‘ hard work to return it to my standard of cleanliness for the next guests. I was busy with a friend visiting us and I hadn’t noticed that the couple had already left me a review. I received their excellent review yesterday but I hadn’t written them one. I found it rather difficult to criticize pleasant guests who aren’t very clean. Maybe "they were definitely friendly and polite guests but certainly not the champion of cleanliness… especially those who have left the toilette brush and its stand full of s…t“

1 Like

Then you aren’t doing the right thing by other hosts! Would you have hosted them if you had been pre warned?
I start with - would I have them back?
10 hours cleaning……nope!

8 Likes

No “maybe”. You do a real diservice to other hosts by not leaving honest reviews. No one needs all the gritty details, so forget the toilet brush info, just a “Friendly and polite, good communication. Had they not left the place a dirty mess, requiring 3 times normal cleaning time, I could have left a totally positive review.”

5 Likes

All hosts should review every guest honestly.

7 Likes

I agree.

When reading the reviews of my upcoming Maui stay, over 180 reviews (4.92 rating) and according to air review the host has not reviewed anyone. The host is remote, uses a management company but handles the communication it seems. I found it odd, or air review was glitching…

RR

Air review totally glitched for me. I once asked a host on the CC why he didn’t review any of his guests. He said he always did. Then I looked at the guest profiles who had reviewed him, and sure enough, he had. Air review said the host hadn’t left a review, on all of them.

1 Like