Guest wanting to bring extra people and not taking no for an answer

Ah, that’s more like it. He’s French.

You’re screwed.

He will arrive at an ungodly hour and be annoyed that you weren’t where he thought you might be. His father will piss in the laundry basket in the middle of the night and it will be your fault because it looked like a toilet. His daughter will arrive unannounced at some point and will berate you for not having prepared a casserole and that there is no bedding for the couch.

Enjoy!

6 Likes

@Hoston
I was just joking, by the way, in case that wasn’t clear…

Honestly, the guy might turn up full of apologies with a long and credible story about losing his phone etc etc. It’s happened to me before now - I was all ready to deny entry to these awful people that had pissed me off for days with their silence. And then they turn up all wide-eyed, lost, sorry, and possibly slightly traumatised by their awful journey.

Try and stay on the positive side. It’s healthier, believe me!

3 Likes

Oh @Magwitch, you are killing me here here :joy:

I hope everything will turn up well. I will keep you posted. So far still no response…

1 Like

I hope it will too. Whatever happens, you did your best and that’s all you can do.

It is now in the lap of the gods whether you burn in the fire or sit at the feast.

Sorry, been watching far too much Vikings :flushed:

You will certainly burn if you don’t update on what happens. I’m being a clown but there are many experienced hosts (me included!) who will help if things go awry,

3 Likes

Yes indeed. Similar situation: guest with no communication and phone number was a work phone number (she was on vacation so she wasn’t going to get her messages). She was new to Airbnb & didn’t understand the need for communication and thought it would be like a hotel (make reservation, show up, check in). Her Airbnb account was set to emails only, no text alerts. She only checked her emails on Saturday mornings.

When we finally connected, I helped her understand the process. She ended up being a great guest

1 Like

Lordy Mags @Magwitch have you been on the Laphroaig :smile:

1 Like

After one lot of guests checked out I found they’d put a note on the wardrobe door that said “Frank, the toilet is downstairs”. Fortunately it seems to have worked.

2 Likes

Change. The. Code.

RR

2 Likes

LOL! Just catching up with replies… No, not Laphroaig (I wish!) but yes, probably one glass of the old pinot noir too many.

Ah @Magwitch Malbec for me :smile:

2 Likes