Guest Trashed my House

I think the confusion has arisen because you said in your original post that the party went onto 5 a,.m. hence my comment. Not that you resolved things at 8.30 p.m.

No way would I allow someone who broke my house rules multiple times and disturbed my neighbours to stay in my place. However everyone has their own hosting style.

1 Like

Hmmm maybe it is Philippines, I dunno. It sounded like an Indian accent, but I didn’t actually ask her. Nonetheless, she was great and helpful :grin:

Yep, party was until 5am yesterday morning, I was informed at 8:30 yesterday night. They were starting up again but have since been removed, except one guy. Not ideal but, considering the death over the weekend, I don’t want to cause more drama in the neighborhood. The gentleman that died was my caretaker’s dear friend. :cry:

I have a couple ARLO security cameras as well. They are a FABULOUS investment. They are internet based and are motion activated. Recordings automatically load to the cloud and I can access the recordings from my cell phone or laptop. Outside of the occasional battery change it doesn’t cost me any additional fees as I use their free service that stores the data for a week. If there was a concern you can download/save the video or still photos as needed.

Just make sure that you disclose that you have exterior cameras.

4 Likes

I do too - there are too many inconsistencies and strange accusations, If the OPs guests were staying for just one night then the seven people were paying only $40 per person per night for their accommodation. So you don’t expect the best behaviour at that price. She’s ‘not very well off’ but owns a property in a different country to the one in which she is living and can afford both a housekeeper and a cleaner. Too complicated for me.

I am sorry about all that has happened to you but the Cambridge thing is quite funny. Many years ago, 1989 to be exact, myself and a fellow Australian friend travelled to Paris at Easter from Cambridge but found the room we had booked had been given to someone else so we had to walk around, with no useful French, trying to find a new room. On the Thursday before Easter Friday! Eventually we found a lady who said she had a spare room but was very reluctant to let two Australian men have it. So desperate as we were I pulled out my UL Card and showed it to her and said: “we’re not Australians we’re from Cambridge!”. It worked and we got the room. So take your UL Card with you, you never know when you’ll use it. People seem to assume that if someone is from Cambridge they must be well behaved as any number of drunken, sexist all male drinking society bashes would prove wrong.

I also noticed when I was in hospital many years alter that no one gave a toss that I had a PhD from Cambridge (my mother had told them) except for the Indian doctors who treated me like a visiting prince.

1 Like

I set my GPS voice to “Irish woman” for that reason. very soothing when you are lost.

2 Likes

It’s called “churn and burn”.

sorry to hear about, i had a very similar situation with airbnb and group of men made a party
i could tell after 3 months corresponding with them they replied me i have to hire a professional estimate which cost me 800 USD, after they told me they never asked me to hire an appraiser and paid me 30% of appraisal cost what was 600 USD so i lost 200 USD on appraising, 3 months of time and 2000 USD for renovating the house

Anyway the USEFUL advice to you is to get a police report and/or insurance company check list

if you cant get any of that consider it like an experience

I tried to post on airbnbs twitter - they just blocked me

Who on earth uses the term Anglo Saxon in that way? It’s not obvious at all that might mean English speaking. It’s totally incorrect as I have already explained and also your usage comes across as prejudiced. I would never say something like ‘Whenever I get a Latino on the phone’. A major use of the term Anglo Saxon language wise in England is to refer to swearing, since we assume that’s the more earthy portion of our language (the other half is more polite French/Latin). Anyway less profiling from you please of English speakers.

1 Like

why didnt the neighbors contact your straight away? also i would ask to talk to the airbnb persons manager or another case manager, and tell them youll go to the media.

I wanted to thank y’all for the advice thru this forum. I didn’t want to have to learn about the trust and safety dept, or the resolution center or the host guarantee this early in the game, but thank you for all the articles and advice here.

I’m glad to say that there is one less bad guest allowed on the Airbnb platform. :grinning: I got a good case manager, thankfully. He and ABB paid for the damages caused, I lit him on fire in my review and he and his retaliatory review were removed from the platform and my listing.

Oh - and I hope his drill sergeant finds the police report to be interesting reading. :wink:

I am thrilled to read that you got a satisfactory result. So many posts and first timers who don’t come back and I’m left wondering if they are just hotel industry shills, or if they are leaving key parts of the story out.

May the rest of your summer be filled with great guests.

2 Likes

We’ve had two stays since the twerps and they have given us 5*. It has been a learning experience with learning curves but I’m gonna make it, doggone it, haha!

Thank you again and have a wonderful summer too!

3 Likes

Interesting…

RR