Guest suddenly leaving

I know this to be true too. However @Annie2019 , as you can tell, a lot of people are unaware of this. I believe you mentioned that your guest was not from the UK. You may consider putting a note about it in your description, you could title that section “For guests from outside the UK”.

2 Likes

I’ve been hosting for many years and never had this issue. If someone wants the heating on in their room I don’t have a problem with this. And I told her how to use the heating and thermostat after she lied to airbnb and said heating was broken (when it was on full blast) . But maybe I could put something in listing re the heating. thank you

Something about the timer system since it is not common in other areas. Having a timer comes across as stingy, something added just to control guests, unless you know that it is the norm in the location.

1 Like

Have you not read that I advised the guest they could put the heating on as and when they wanted…there is no point responding to posts if you are missing the point of the original post. And in ten years of hosting never been an issue. I have to live and work here too and cannot if the whole place is baking so I am sweating. Hence turning off heating in my areas.

ps actually a timer shows respect for the environment…depends on if you care about climate change or not.

I have no idea why this thread has become a debate about timers…the guest did not leave due to the heating issue and lied to airbnb that it wasn’t working.

Let me try one more time. The timer comes across as stingy and controlling if you don’t know that timers on heat are normal for the area precisely because they are not normal, or even heard of as you may have gleaned. If the guest thought you were unnecessarily controlling that could be a problem.

However, I am now convinced that she left because of the way you talk to people. If you are this rude, impatient and condescending to your guests then I am surprised that any of them stay.

And being absolutely clueless about how a timer on the heat comes across isn’t helping.

4 Likes

Because it’s the internet and people decide what they are going to post about. Members here are experts at telling others what they did wrong, and what they should do in the future. It may not be ideal but everyone here is a volunteer.

I’m glad that’s been cleared up.

This is apparently not the case.

Closing this thread now.

5 Likes