Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Guest spilt something on couch - How to claim damage costs?

Today we had our first bad hosting experience. Our guest left our place in a very disgusting state. Chewing gum on the tables, food over the benches, and rubbish everywhere. But the worst thing was that they left a massive stain on our couch (looks like they had spilt a coffee or something). They did not advise us when they left.

It was a very quiet Asian lady who stayed, but it was pretty obvious it wasn’t just her that stayed the night. I’ve sent her a message and she has replied saying she didn’t know about the stain and that she is sorry. She has admitted to having guests stay.

I had to give tonights guest a $75 refund because of the couch (they were lovely and very understanding). Am I within my right to claim this cost back to my guest?

Thanks!

Well, first of all - I think she’s in violention of your rules by having extra guests - do you charge extra for extra guests? Even if you do not charge extra - if she still only booked for 1 person, I think it’s still in breach of the Ts&Cs?

Hope you took a time-stamped photo of that stain :-)?

Contact airbnb immediately. Yes, you did take photos, correct? The guest who stained it can claim she didn’t, since you have new guests in there now.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!