Guest says "I love your place - I'll be back" - I say "I'll be booked"

Thanks for all of the advice. All of it has been very helpful. Yesterday I had decided not to try to claim any portion of the security deposit, and wrote them a review along the lines of what konacoconutz suggested. However, today I’ve discovered more damage - a wicker chair seat busted, and a nice cast iron pan they used for the fry-up now has rust on it. I may still try to use the resolution center (I understand I have 48 hours after check out to do this) but I also realize I may not get a dime.

Scrub the pan with hot water, no soap. Then clean with vegetable oil and paper towels. Rust on cast iron pans is not permanent.

1 Like

I’m sorry you had so much damage. I know it feels hurtful when guests don’t take care of your things. However, I would recommend that you not provide cast iron cookware. Too many people don’t know how to care for cast iron or they are weirded out by not washing it with soap and water. I even catch my husband sneaking and washing ours with soap (for which he gets reminded on no uncertain terms that they were my grandmothers and I expect him not to ruin them).