Guest Review for Guest With Odd Behavior

You completely missed my point. Not leaving the condo tidy is disrespectful to the cleaners.

2 Likes

If I had a cleaner I trusted who told me it was the dirtiest mess she had ever encountered, I would not be inclined to ask her for all the gory details.

2 Likes

Well, I’m glad it was Friday night and I went out to dinner with a friend to relax and destress from the week only to come back to some more negative comments about my post. As @muddy pointed out, the things you are saying are not you sharing an opinion or your perspective–you are stating things as if I don’t know how to review a Guest in general or minimizing what my cleaning crew experienced, even though they have cleaned my unit for more than a year.

I come onto this forum quite a bit for tips & suggestions and don’t comment that often unless I have read the majority of the post with comments, as I think it is best to not repeat what someone else may have suggested to a Host.

I have been Hosting for 4 years, so I think by most standards, I am considered a seasoned Host. When I wrote the post, I truly did want advice on what I found to be “odd behavior” on the part of one of the Guests. Some Hosts here assumed that I found the Guest being in her underwear as the odd behavior, but the behavior that was most concerning to me as a Host was her possibly causing a disruption to my neighbors by consistently walking up and down my driveway in her underwear in what appeared to be a yelling argument with her boyfriend. My first thought if I was a neighbor and didn’t recognize this woman–could she be in danger of a sexual assault? Things like this happen in Hotels–why not in an Airbnb?

I really wanted to give these Guests a fair & honest review based on their entire stay, so over the past few days I made a list, and after much consideration, I decided that I would not recommend them to another Host and would not Host them again. I based it on the fact that they behaved in this manner knowing that I was on the premises and how I felt about respecting my neighbors, including their privacy (I went over this with them when they checked-in). It’s also in my Guest Guidebook binder just in case they forget.

The condition that they left the Guest Suite also played a role in my decision in whether to Host them again. It normally takes my cleaning crew about 1 1/2 hours to get the room ready for the next Guests–that day it took 3 hours. I have specific check-out instructions on a bulletin board for Guests, which goes over what I expect from them as far as trash and recycling (I have bins for each one) and also go over this with Guests when they check-in. On the morning of check-out, I send them a message to review the check-out instructions that were given to them.

Going forward, if I ever want feedback on reviewing something unexpected from a Guest, I will focus on one subject to make things easier for everyone here that offered their feedback, and I am so grateful to those that offered their feedback and “did not” interpret what I did or didn’t do in a negative, disrespectful way.

5 Likes

If you would like to add to this post later @soflohost I can open it up again. Since your questions have been answered for now I’ve closed the topic.

5 Likes