Guest reporting blood on bed sheets and blaming my sofa bed

Just got back from the crime scene and I found no blood stains on the sheets! Apparently this guys mother (who is one of the guests) managed to soak the sheets in cold water. He kept insisting that it was the sofa bed that cut him as he pointed towards his elbows. However, I could see not see any bruise or cut there!

I proceeded to inspect the sofa bed with my bare hands and there was absolutely nothing that could cut anyone. The sofaā€™s mechanism is all hidden under the soft top. (its an IKEA FRIHETEN sofa)

I offered to give the guest new sheets and I washed the ones he stained with a cold wash, all came out good as new.

As I walked out I noticed his finger had a band aid! I think he was making some excuse, so Iā€™m guessing there is another truth to his story. Anyway I left it at that, keep my cool and left them to enjoy their holiday.

1 Like

Allā€™s well that ends well. Sounds like Mom is super sensible and you have nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Good to hear it was a successful outcome! And thank you for coming back to update. How old is this guy?? I canā€™t quite get my head round someone who contacts a host because he somehow cut his likkle finger and his mum had to wash the sheets for him.

7 Likes

I think around 35-40

let Airbnb know, in case they give you a shithouse review

2 Likes

Donā€™t you mean shithole? :laughing::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

yeah, might as well! Itā€™s the word of the week! x

2 Likes

As long as we are (ahem) briefly off topic and talking about :poop: :poop: houses and :poop: :poop: holes (not Hersheyā€™s chocolate kisses)ā€¦one of my dadā€™s famous comments was, ā€œSheā€™s built like a brick :poop:house.ā€ I never knew what that meant.

Anyone?

(He was not one to take out in public.

Most outhouses back in the day were wood (yā€™know, with that cute little half moon cut out), so I just always assumed that meant the girl was really built solid, stacked, whatever sexist term you want to supply for curvy hips and big breasts.
Silly old stuff, huh? Many of my older relatives I like to pretend I am not with them when out and about . . .

1 Like

I think it meant she could handle herself in a bar fight, rather than have curves. Generally applied to massive men!

1 Like

:open_mouth: Not sure whether to laugh or cry :hushed:

Yep, that sounds in line with the connotation dear olā€™ dad used.

@Barns - Nooo, but thanks for the LOL.

Oh no, not men. I now present to you the lyrics of the Commodores ā€œBrick House,ā€ 1977:

Ow, sheā€™s a brick house
Sheā€™s mighty-mighty, just lettinā€™ it all hang out
Sheā€™s a brick house
That ladyā€™s stacked and thatā€™s a fact
Ainā€™t holding nothing back
Well put-together, everybody knows
This is how the story goes
She knows she got everything
That a woman needs to get a man, yeah, yeah
How can she lose with the stuff she use
Thirty-six, twenty-four, thirty-six oh what a winning hand
ā€™Cause sheā€™s a brick house
Sheā€™s mighty-mighty, just lettinā€™ it all hang out
Sheā€™s a brick house
Ow, that lady stacked and thatā€™s a fact
Yeah, sheā€™s the one, the only one, built like an amazon
The clothes she wears, her sexy ways
Make an old man wish for younger days, yeah, yeah
She knows sheā€™s built and knows how to please
Sure enough to knock a strong man to his knees
ā€™Cause sheā€™s a brick house
Yeah, sheā€™s mighty mighty, just lettinā€™ it all hang out
Sheā€™s a brick house
The ladyā€™s stacked and thatā€™s a fact
Shake it down, shake it down now
Shake it down, shake it down now . . .

2 Likes

I wonder if shithole countries have brick shithouses?

3 Likes

My gut instinct is that his girlfriend had her period and is too embarrassed to say so.

However - I would not admitt to anything, but to simply ask ā€œoh where and how did that happenā€ - maybe there is a tiny sharp spring on it that needs tucking away.

But you can never be too careful with people, there is always someone out to sue, so donā€™t admit to anything

Just another reason us colonies had to split off from you all ā€“ irreconcilable language differences

3 Likes

Good one! It does stand to reason doesnā€™t itā€¦ :grinning:

1 Like

Joan Osborneā€™s acoustic version of that song is awesome.

I agree that the idiom means the woman is well built, not that sheā€™s strong. If applied to a man then it would mean strong.

means big and sturdyā€¦well in british english )