Guest pushing every boundary

O, NO, even i there is beer in a fridge and vodka in a freezer it does not mean my guests can help them to it. Use of kitchen never includes use of host’s food.

2 Likes

I have an important off topic question…So my tequila is in the freezer but my vodka is not. Should it be? (I don’t know I’m a beer and wine person)

I keep my vodka, gin and limoncello in the freezer.

I agree, as long as the guest knows. It seems here though that both the host and the guest are new to Airbnb and the host didn’t specify anything about usage so the guest ‘assumed’.

Maybe this is the problem with Airbnb’s advertising and people’s perception of ‘home share’. Taken literally, it can mean sharing everything in the home.

Our rental is a separate apartment so it’s not an issue for us but last century (I’m old) when I was doing traditional B & B, guests knew what they could use and what they couldn’t. They wouldn’t dream of entering the kitchen or our lounge. But now it’s all about ‘home share’ maybe guests simply don’t understand what the boundaries are unless it’s fully explained by the host.

You asked an expert. Yes vodka should be in a freezer. It does not get frozen into ice.

3 Likes

How can anyone even assume that they can drink or eat host’s drinks and food?
WHy not to help himself to host’s shoes or clothes, or parfume?

5 Likes

We stock the refrigerator with inexpensive beer and sodas for the guests. We don’t drink either. We show the guests the beer and soda and let them know that those drinks are for them (the beer only as long as the guests are over 21). We also tell guests that they are welcome to oils, vinegars, spices, milk. etc. I would expect to be asked by a guest if they wanted wine or spirits as those are mine and are more expensive than beer and soda.

2 Likes

Exactly, but not just go for it.

Good one…

2 Likes

Initiate draconian house rules and lose extra bookings. Or else, bite the pillow and think of your bank account and pray you don’t get more bad guests.

1 Like