Guest not showing but hasn’t cancelled do I send check in?

True, and I think that you’ve hit the nail on the head there - a lot of hosting challenges very much depends on the location and (sometimes) the price. Although I do think that a personal connection helps to make a stay trouble-free.

I’ve hosted in-home (B & B) in an ordinary northern UK city where almost all the guests were outpatients at the local hospitals, squaddies visiting local army facilities and police cadets attending the nearby training academy.

Here in Florida, (entire place listings) it’s much more likely to be people who are travelling for pleasure, although I get my fair share on people on business too.

So I’ve had two very different experiences but nevertheless very few problems. :slight_smile:

As an in-home host myself, I’ve also never experienced bad guests. A few minor issues that were dealt with amiably between the guest and I. Really almost every guest I’ve had has been a true 5* guest. And I’m quite budget priced, so it’s not always a low price that attracts bad guests.

My guests come for a quite small range of reasons. They specifically want a tropical beach holiday, they have personal stuff going on in their lives that they needed a break from, and just happened to choose this area, and two guests who came on business.

It’s the entire house listings that house a large number of guests, that have big pools, hot tubs, etc, (i.e. perfect for a party), with off-site hosts, Instant Book, and self-check-in that seem to attract the worst guests.

Doesn’t mean on-site hosts don’t ever get an objectionable guest but it’s a lot rarer.

2 Likes

I just thought I’d finish off now by saying thankfully the non showing guest did not leave a review and payment was made.
Thanks for all your help.

5 Likes