Guest misses toilet bowl!

Every time I go to the loo I find that my male guest has missed
The toilet bowl and I have to clean the floor!
Do I say something - what? Or just keep cleaning up?
Find it embarrassing to mention it!!

If you want him to change his behaviour you will need to say something @Leolady

If you don’t want to say something, you will need to put up with it.

2 Likes

This is why the wall behind the toilet is getting covered with tile. Eventually.

1 Like

I’ve heard that putting a champagne or wine cork in the bowl, has the automatic effect of enabling the male of our species to aim more effectively. However, I don’t know if it works!

1 Like

I used Cheerios in the bowl to potty train my two year old many years ago. Try using Cheerios instead of a cork LOL

2 Likes

You don’t necessarily want to be flushing wine corks!

Start with a sign on the toilet tank: If You Miss The Toilet, Wipe It Up!!
And provide a packet of those disinfecting wipes for the guest to use.

3 Likes

I just assume men are going to miss and clean as appropriate even if I don’t see anything. I like the idea of leaving wipes and a note but my note would be more humorous. Perhaps “For life’s little misses and mistakes. Please aim to keep the bathroom clean!”
If he doesn’t take the subtle hint I would mention that there is a new sign in the bathroom.

1 Like

Thanks all! I will leave wipes and a humorous message

1 Like

This is something that happens, sad to say.

In the old days in my B & B I hosted mainly men. (I can’t remember ever having a female guest on her own but plenty of couples.) Once in a while you get a bloke whose mother didn’t teach him how to aim properly. It only happens once in a while.

I hate notes and notices so I’d just clean it knowing that statistically, you’re done with sprayers for a while :slight_smile:

If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Be a sweetie and
Wipe the seatie

3 Likes

Oh dear, cleaning up someone else’s pee is never much fun!

Maybe you could hang a lighthearted sign that all guests can see (just above the toilet so it sits in the eyeline of your male guests! Such as:

If you happen to pee on the seat or floor,
Please wipe up before you head for the door!

2 Likes

That’s the whole point Ken. They float; you can’t flush them! And you get to drink the contents beforehand.

2 Likes

The peril of any sort of wipes in bathrooms is that guests will flush them, leading to blocked drains and sewer pipes. Not nice and potentially very costly.

3 Likes

Especially if they’ve been used to wipe up pee. After all, you don’t want them hanging around in the bin either stinking the place up. And they don’t only cause all sorts of plumbing problems, they’re also horrible environmentally.

Rather than rely on guests reading twee little signs, just take a few seconds and wipe it up. The guest will be gone soon anyway and if it’s a shared bathroom, the host has a responsibility to other users to keep it fresh and clean.

True, it no fun but we can’t have everything go our way all the time.

3 Likes

I have GOT to try the wine cork

2 Likes

Send a message saying “please made sure you leave the bathroom clean after you use it. Thank you.”

I am in that no-cute-notes-just-clean-it-up camp. I have a composting outhouse that requires signage so people know what (sawdust) goes where (on top). Guess how often it is read.
Go on, guess.

4 Likes

It has to be Champagne or Prosecco these days in Europe; there are few wine makers using cork, only screwtop.

I’m just about to unscrew a bottle of Picpoul de Pinet. Num!

Rats! Rats! Rats! Sober 29 years. I will just have to find some young buck in full rut to ply with liquour.

3 Likes

I will NEVER drink the contents of a toilet bowl

:slight_smile:

2 Likes