Guest leaving due to noise. Feedback help

Send him my way please

Well I don’t know Happy. I’m not sure the review you left is very clear. Even though I’ve been following this thread, I had to read it twice to make sure I understood what you are trying to say. It’s certainly not complimentary. But don’t let that stop you from leaving an honest review in the future.

Are you on Instant book? I would turn it off until you are a little more experienced at this.

Yes they did, that’s how I found out, not by them. Then 30min after that the message to cancel second night because it was too noisy.

Sorry, I have probably made the confusion re wanting to relax vs wanting to sleep.

They requested “a place to relax and shower” after long flight.
But after the complaining of mowing noise I thought, well obviously it wasn’t conductive to sleep?

That’s gutsy to try to influence the mowing staff.
Glad they were nice in the review but they don’t qualify as good guests in my opinion.

Words aren’t my strongpoint but honesty is, to me it’s an objective summary of the situation.

The thing is, I wanted it all laid out in one hit because I hoped not to respond to her negative review on my profile, which to me can look desperate. Instead people who care can click on to their profile and see exactly what happened. Or maybe I’m the only one who stalks between profiles when there is bad blood ? :joy:

I kept emotion out of it, and I wanted it to be lighthearted but firm.

And I totally think it comes down to the guest to be clearer in their requirements in their booking request. They had their recourse in receiving refund, theyre happy, what do I get for them mucking me around?:angry:

No need to stalk… just install the chrome extension called AirReview!
Automatically posts their review of the host with reviews of them!

Just saved me from booking with a nit picker… one of those types who just couldn’t help herself and say how small a room was and that their was street noise, even though this was disclosed in the host listing. In fact, the word TINY ROOM is in their title.

Declined her. Her pattern of nit picking will find its way to me, where she is sure to find something not up to snuff.

2 Likes

I started using instant book when I became comfortable with everything, and I have no problem managing the calendar aspect of it (I immediately close off surrounding days to a booking when I can’t manage a turnaround before check in etc to work in with my day job schedule)

But oh yes, I have questions. So many!
I start 5 weeks holiday tomorrow, so I’m finally going to have the time to sit down, stop winging it and learn this thing!!

I’m going to run my airbnb with back to back turnovers during that time, which I’ve never been able to do before, so I will need to really know what’s what.

But the pricing issue - I was fiddling with some pricing settings and I’m sure I saved! (Just like I’m sure I blocked off dates in my calendar last week but alas they were open slather) but I’m not pointing any fingers!!

Um yes I need this program. I’m off to my last day of work for the year, then I’m enrolling in airbnb school!!

Ooh just added that thanks