Guest kid is a brat

Oh my. Wouldn’t you know it. So typical. Whenever a guest breaks the rules on Airbnb, they prevent the host leaving a review. You see, they don’t want people seeing that people are doing these kinds of things. This makes no sense. Of course he shouldn’t review, he wasn’t there, but you should clearly be able to review what he did ie: booked your room for himself but instead a woman and child showed up without prior warning. Future hosts should obviously know what to expect or what might be a possibility with the guests so they know what questions to ask.

Airbnb pretends not to see the reasoning behind this. Or they simply don’t give two flying hoots about hosts having the access to important information on guests prior behavior. It’s disappointing. They also prevent reviews if there is any kind of ‘open case’ meaning if things were so bad that a host had to open a resolution. Clearly in this instance, when things got particularly disruptive that assistance had to be sought is exactly the kind of thing that the next hosts should be aware of, no? Well, Airbnb forbids hosts to review a guest if there has been an open case that needs mentioning. Invariably they site the ‘you can’t mention an open case’, so to get around it you have to word things carefully to even get a review through.

Airbnb removed my review when I had been blackmailed by some guests which was very frustrating for me as I could see that they were able to go on and stay with others after what they did in our home (which was the most astounding stay so far, and we’ve had some doozies). It was clear that they had deliberately planned to blackmail us - stay and then threaten a horrible review unless we refunded them, even writing out all the things they said they would write including that my husband tried to perv on the girlfriend, and myriad lies about our home including one that said 10 rooms share one bathroom with a non working toilet lol.

I know, i’m so not happy with airbnb’s way of dealing with it. In a way I wish I didnt mention it till after the so called guests left. Then I could of wrote a review to inform others what he was like, and even if ‘the guest’, who made the booking, wrote me a negative, at least I would of had the chance to respond to him (or go through him’ more like)!
Anyway I shall put it down to experience. The majority of my guests are lovely and respectful in my home, so I guess i’m lucky compared to some.

That is completely awful that you were blackmailed by guests! They sound complete idiots. Hopefully karma will bite them in the ass down the line;)

1 Like

Great! So long as the majority are good, that makes the disappointing experiences a splash in the bucket and soon forgotten. For me it is the building issues with Airbnb customer service that leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Of course there are going to be disappointing experiences with guests, but with great support and a set up that is host friendly, I believe they would have happier hosts that feel committed to Airbnb.

I did look for that guest not so long ago and saw that the profile has been discontinued. Hmm. I’m not sure if it took another experience, or what, but I do know that it wasn’t cancelled directly after the one experience with me.

1 Like