Guest Instant Booking for Third Party

If you do not have a Security Deposit then any claim falls automatically under the $1M host guarantee, which is MUCH harder to recoup $$ from. So @PitonView you may want to add a deposit just to CYA.

1 Like

as long as Security deposit is with a Credit card, guest can also challenge the charge.

1 Like

I bet that is why Air stopped charging the SD before the stay. But VRBO still does, so I wonder what their
Reasoning is.

VRBO uses a 3rd party processor so they may make money from the charge

1 Like

TA also actually charges their card for the deposit. In a way that is comforting,

1 Like

Apparently the booking might be cancelled and we will still be paid anyway.

The guest stopped communicating with me shortly after making the booking and I have pressed her to provide me with the information twice.

I have no idea who is coming or what time they will be arriving. I have told her that if I donā€™t have this information prior to their arrival, I will not be able to register their stay with the admin staff and unregistered guests are likely to be refused access to the building.

I have contacted Airbnb who are also unable to contact her. The arrival is supposed to be tomorrow. If she has not communicated with me before arriving and they are refused access, Airbnb have told me that we will be paid in full and their stay will be cancelled as it is entirely her own fault for not responding.

Our accommodation is in our garden so not much can go wrong. I understand that it can for others.

My biggest frustration with Instant Book is guests making 3rd party bookings. I say in my rules, ā€œPer AirBnB policy, the guest making the reservation must be staying on site.ā€

I just had a guest book for her father, for tomorrow night. I told her she could give her father a referral code to get a discount when he opens his own account. I contacted CS and asked them to help her change the reservation to her fatherā€™s account. The CS agent said he couldnā€™t do that, and asked me if Iā€™d make an exception to the no 3rd party booking rule. He concluded his message by saying he was about to begin his weekend so I couldnā€™t expect a reply for 2 days. I asked him if AirBnB would still honor the host guarantee if I allowed a guest to violate their own policy, and told him this guest will have checked out by the time he returns from his weekend.

I doubt anything will come of this, but Iā€™ll let you know if it does! This isnā€™t the first time theyā€™ve told me it would just be easier if I didnā€™t bother with the ā€œno 3rd party bookingsā€ rule.

EDIT: the CS agent said if I hosted the 3rd party booking, I would NOT be covered by the host guarantee. YIKES.

Itā€™s frustrating due to it being their own damn policy. But they do whatever possible to avoid helping you with the host guarantee anyway. So if thatā€™s your main worry about 3rd party maybe it shouldnā€™t be. I donā€™t get many 3rd party bookings but I take them and havenā€™t had issues with the guests. I accept them due to lack of Air support in rejecting them.