Guest demanding $300 refund

I will never ever offer a discount again. will simply decline the request

3 Likes

Give them time, I bet they will. And that’s review extortion and you should report it right away.

1 Like

Please help me to correct. the following is the draft that i wrote to airbnb to respond the guest refund request. thank you

Dear Sir/Madam,

I contacted the previous guests who stayed at the same suite about the claim of the water temperature sudden change. Received 3 responses back. All of the guests did not experience any sudden temperature change during their stay. And also the current guest has no problem with the shower too.

My listing described very clearly that the shower is small. there is no hidden surprise. I alway describe my listing as clear as possible, so the guest know what they are expecting before booking.

Guest checked in past midnight, we provided plenty extra blankets, comforters they can use. We turned our heat on in Aug. which it was weird, but still responded to guest request at our best ability. On the night of their check-in, the humidity is 94% in Richmond. the mother nature we need to know and respect.

We always open the windows when temperature cools down in the evenings if guest had very late check in, to let the fresh air in and also help to cool down inside, especially in June, July and August.

Our heating system is forced air gas furnace, the wind blowing sound is expected. No heat on, no fans on and no blowing sound.

We kindly offered guest discount as they asked when booking on top of our already low price compare to the similar listing.

The guest’s request of refund is not reasonable and acceptable. I drove 54km one morning to turn on the heat as they demanded to please them since my parents wasn’t available at the time. We did our best to accommodate them. they false claimed.

I am sorry the guests did not fully understand what i was offering—this can happen when guest don’t read the complete listing. I do my best to provide a safe and enjoyable place to stay at a very reasonable and affordable price.

sincerely,

Grace

Here is your response…

Thank you Rolf. So I don’t need the paragraphs above, right?

Others will offer their input. In my opinion, you do not need to belabor the issue with details to airbnb.

You can’t communicate with Airbnb like that. No complex sentences, paragraphs, extraneous details, or justifying yourself. As brief and simple as possible. Just the facts. As an example:

Instead of,

“I contacted the previous guests who stayed at the same suite about the claim of the water temperature sudden change. Received 3 responses back. All of the guests did not experience any sudden temperature change during their stay. And also the current guest has no problem with the shower too.”

like this:

*Contacted the 3 previous guests + current guest to check if any water temperature fluctuation issues- all confirmed no issues.

4 Likes

Here is the message I received for abb support.

|Hi Grace,

This is Judy from Airbnb Resolutions Team. Good day! First and foremost, I would like to thank you for being a Superhost. We are very glad to have a great host like you in our community.

This is to inform you that your previous guest Weiweiguan of reservation HMH92TW5RM has reached out to us informing us of an unpleasant experience during her stay. She mentioned that they had to sleep in cold temperature because the window was left open, the place and bathroom was too small and there was a damp smell upon check in. Due to these issues, she is requesting a $300 refund as a compensation.

Upon review, we are unable to determine a hosting violation so any refund will be up to you. However, I would also like to know your thoughts about this report and if you are willing to issue a refund for the guest.

I am looking forward to hearing from you within 48 hours, if I do not get any response I’ll have to secure this case but rest assured that no refund will be issued without your approval.
Type your message:
0/65,535 characters used

Judy

Reply to: reply-Te1lxnLtNEjM9ZNYWqabNw@support-email.airbnb.com

Airbnb Community support

Visit Help Center Contact Airbnb

Airbnb, Inc., 888 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94103|

Does this mean, they are not going to refund them without my approval?

1 Like

That’s awesome! Thank you for sharing.

You don’t have to respond to them but if you do, I’d keep it short and simple.

"Thank you for your kind message and support with this reservation. As they had haggled for and received a deep discount already when booking and as none of their complaints could be corroborated, I do not feel an obligation to provide a refund and will not be providing one.

I appreciate your assistance. Have a great evening. "

11 Likes

Thank you everyone, ABB confirmed No Refund. I learned, never offer a discount, problem will start there.

2 Likes

Guests left me a review–bad one, i haven’t submit mine. Should I reply their review after mine?

You didn’t review this guest? Reviews are for other hosts. It’s really your duty to make sure your review is accurate and in this case that your review is made at all.

4 Likes

How did you find out that theirs was a bad review if you haven’t reviewed them yet?

If theirs was released because it’s been 2 weeks, then it’s too late for you to submit one.

If you want to respond to their review you can, but you might like to check your wording here before you post. It’s easy to sound petty and unprofessional in a response to a bad review

1 Like

I am waiting for the last min to submit my review. hopefully the bad review will buried by my current guests review who are very happy with my place.

1 Like

The deadline for post my review is 31th. I will post their review after I submit mine.

Maybe. It really depends on what they say. But come back here with it, you’ll good advice for it.

1 Like

Grace, you said “I will post their review after I submit mine.” That doesn’t make sense to me.

You also said their review of you was very bad. How have you seen what their review said if you haven’t posted your review?

And should you respond to what they said about you? No.

I have not seen their review, but I know it will be bad since they did not get they want.

This is the draft of my review, please advice

I regret having to leave a negative review, but I DO NOT recommend hosting this guest at all. *
-asked for a discount when booking, *
*-requested $300 refund with no standing and was not supported by ABB. *
-Guest’s mother was very rude and ranted on the phone.
-felt scammed

“I DO NOT recommend hosting this guest at all.”

This is the only part of your potential review that you can post. You can add more…

Why would you ‘regret’ leaving a review, positive or negative…

3 Likes