Guest cancelled booking after check in

The key access information has been sent to my guest 2 hours late, because the keycafe wasnt setup properly. I feel sorry for the mistake and made my guest waited for 2 hours, so I have send a text to promise my guest for a 50% refund of the total bill as a compensation to the late check in. However, the guest picked up my key from keycafe and checked-in my unit already, and now they sent a cancellation on the booking. According to the rules, the guest should leave my unit right the way after they cancel the booking. I have sent texts to her and she did not reply, what should I do now? what are my odds here?

Get in your car and get there as quick as possible.

2 Likes

I am sure others will ask the following questions so I will go first and save time:

1. β€œβ€¦the guest picked up my key from keycafe and checked-in my unit already, and now they sent a cancellation on the booking.” Through Airbnb right? They cancelled subsequent days or all the whole booking including their first day?
  2. β€œβ€¦ the guest should leave my unit right the way after they cancel the booking.” Depends on the answer to question #1.
  3. β€œI have sent texts to her and she did not reply,.” Make sure ALL communication via Airbnb system. Call Airbnb and find out what is indeed going on, and take it from there.
1 Like

I would IF I could, unfortunately I am out of town for a few weeks and I have cleaners arranged to take care of my place after each guest checks out. I will send my cleaner to check the place first thing in the morning.

1. Yes they cancelled the booking through Airbnb. They are only staying for one night, and they cancelled right the way after I sent out my offer to compensate for their wait, 50% refund for the whole bill.

2. Yes all the communication went through the site, and i also have key check out information from keycafe.
    I did called Airbnb, and they said they are looking into the situation, I am not sure if the mad guest will destroy my unit while airbnb tries to investigate the case.

=(

Got cha…

Preparing for the worst scenario, lets say that the guest trashed my unit, making damages that excesses the security amount. What should I do in this case?

What makes you think they would do that?