Guest cancelled asking for refund

Sometimes they are more amenable to refunds outside the host’s cancellation policy if they or a travelling companion has got sick. If they say this is the reason, ie sickness, then point out that they booked another place in the same town on the same night, because when she asked for a refund they may not have bothered checking this.

That’s what travel insurance is for, Air really needs to sell travel insurance and stop making us the insurer. When someone direct books on my website, www.idycabins.com they are offered travel insurance, its about 5% of the booking I think. If they do not buy it it is offered again over the next few days. If they cancel there is NO refund, at all under any circumstances. I am not in the insurance business.

RR

1 Like

To me this sounds like she had made a mistake and I would give her the benefit of the doubt and refund but I certainly see your point of view.

Therein lies the most important statement of the whole thread. Never refund what is not actually in your hand, no matter how much you want to. It’s fine to promise a refund if/as/when you actually receive the money, but not a second earlier.

These CS children are out of control. There cannot be any internal accountability for them as otherwise they would never dare to pull these kinds of stunts.

1 Like

Ussualy if it’s strict policy they don’t refund guest, but I in any case I always refund if the cancellation followed almost immediately. We all make mistakes and it’s a harsh price to pay over 300$ for such minor mistake.Alao it didn’t effect you even a bit

1 Like

@RiverRock I don’t think your website is using https. I get this warning.

1 Like

I don’t provide refunds. Sorry you blocked my calendar, I provide a link to my Airbnb cancellation policy and tell the guests they need to speak with Airbnb Customer Service. If you book 14 days or less, the 48 grace period doesn’t apply. If their’s a death in the family, Airbnb will ask for documentation. If there is a weather related event, Airbnb will ask for documentation. All others, I do not refund. . For those who feel they should get a refund, you can make your cancellation policy more lenient. Airbnb will try to get you to refund but I still say no. And sadly, K9KarmaCasa, I do find that guests make up stories all the time.

I agree people make up stories all the time when it’s about their money. But in this case I think it was just a matter of minutes or hour or two. Once a made a mistake and booked for wrong day. I realized it a second later,called hotel and they refused to refund me. I still got my money back a 130$ because I disputed charge . In my trips I find that many hosts and hotels take advantage of this no refund policy even if it was just seconds between bookings and a guest realizing they made mistake and they just keep people’s money and even Bragg here on forum how this is their favourite guests those who got Into trap.

Weird, it say’s secure on my end. I will look into it thanks.

RR

1 Like

I get an https site. I’m on Chrome.

1 Like

Same here…

1 Like

triple ditto…Chrome. Laptop. https.

So the latest, air say’s it was extenuating circumstances out of the guest control. Of course it is bullshit, I asked if the place she did not cancel was cheaper as I am sure it was and they said not for me to know. Now they are ignoring my emails.

It is infuriating that AIrs tactic once they make a decision you do not like is they just shut down, this is the second time they have treated me this way so it’s not a fluke it is there way of doing things. They just stop communicating.

GRRR

RR

she did message you straight away saying she wanted to cancel, i would expect her to get a full refund especially after airbnbs rule changes re the 48 hour period, even if its annoying that’s just mean to keep her money if she only messaged a few mins later, who cares if she was lying.

@RiverRock I’m still getting it in Safari on an iPad. Chrome on an iPad displays it. What sometimes happens is that supporting elements like images and css may be linking to a non secure server.

No she canceled 14 hours later.

RR

Delivered by carrier pigeon

BOOOOM! It pays to keep on it.

From Air, misspellings and all (I was fighting for partial payment, per TOS of $122)

My name is David a Case Manager at Airbnb. I wanted to apologize for the incontinence. I’ve processed a full payout for you from the reservation with Christina. Your payout amount is $315.25 will be processed to your account

RR

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you tell him he might want to see a doctor about that?

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s nice they paid out the full amount! So you got 50% per TOS and the other 50% for dealing with their incontinence?

2 Likes

So it seems! 20202020

RR

1 Like