Guest calls Host "Criminal" in review for enforcing cancellation policy - Clear case of defamation and libel - Airbnb is not responding

I think @jaquo was referring to calling CS.

But if you do have a dispute, yes, you can ask for money via the platform which is free of fee’s.

1 Like

I definitely agree with this, although it doesn’t work to many of airbnb agents who barely understand what I am trying to say. It’s not language barrier, they’re just very distant from problem solving skills

I have people writing to ask me about my fabulous $8 towels (Charisma from Costco) that are sometimes only $6. Just don’t let them get old, flat and stiff. Buy new ones periodically and repurpose the old ones.

2 Likes

The ones I currently have in use in the rental are about three years old. I should go shopping!

I didn’t realize how “un-fluffy” my older ones had become until I brought the new ones in. I’ve been putting the older ones in the room when I have people booking at a lower price. The folks who book at higher rates get slightly nicer stuff. Of course we’re talking $3-5 difference at my little place.

2 Likes

Yep, except these towels are a bit more than double here in Costa Rica at our Costco equivalent and they are actually still cheaper than lower quality towels at other stores.

I’ve never had anything stolen I am aware of and I host remotely. And I am pretty aware of my stuff. I feel quite strongly that it is the fact that I telegraph that this is my home. I am personable and friendly and my guests know that this is not an anonymous rental. People steal from hotels because it is not personal. There is no injured party in their minds. The more hotel like you make the environment the more people treat it like a hotel.

3 Likes