Guest called a locksmith and changed the lock...REALLY?!

angry-teacher-looking-pupil-hands-hips-elementary-school-49207519.jpg :rofl:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hands+hips+teacher&client=safari&channel=mac_bm&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimgej2xbLXAhWdOsAKHSKKAWAQ_AUICigB&biw=1440&bih=839#imgrc=cvu-ikNbpp4otM:

1 Like

Okay, Iā€™ll finish my chortle. :smile:

2 Likes

My god Iā€™m doing that as we speak! I am subbing for 7th grade math.

Had to turn in a row of girls to detention for being so off task and non compliant. They didnā€™t believe I would do it! I gave them so many chances and they blew it. Having a sub is no excuse for a party!

Probably had my hands on my hips as I did it.

5 Likes

@konacoconutz

(My sisters, 6 aunts and a herd of male and female cousins were or are teachers. Iā€™m the black sheep that escaped because I knew I didnā€™t have the patience. When I say something, I want it to be absorbed and followed/obeyedā€¦the first time.)

1 Like

Iā€™ve had to use a take no prisoners approach today. Fortunately neighboring teachers are helping me because the regular teacher is new and her classroom management skills arenā€™t honed very well. So the kids are used to misbehaving in this room.

1 Like

i agree to that. think about it, guests could leave water running, AC on or even gas onā€¦ always double checking after a checkout and do inventory!! some guests love to take other peopleā€™s stuff.

3 Likes

It was in my day, gosh we were mean to the subs, admittedly most just chucked on a video and cared less about our learning! Glad you are actually offering a teaching service :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me tooā€¦ I remember getting a movie played often, especially in high school!

Or teachers assign bookwork. Some high school teachers say they book me because I donā€™t babysit. I actually carry out their plans.

But normally we have a lesson plan we have to carry out in detail at the el level.

This was 7th math and they needed to correct their quizzes. Most of the class was failing, and PRs came out today. Another teacher came in to hand them outā€¦ not good news for a few of these guys.

OMG. While I am sorry about your experiences I have to thank you for giving me the biggest laugh Iā€™ve had all week (and, itā€™s been a hell of a week).

Just when we think weā€™ve seen/heard every guest horror story out there, they continue to surprise us. Arenā€™t guests just so wonderful?

LOL.

6 Likes

I clicked Like, only because there is no Oh My God button.

6 Likes

Iā€™m sorry this has happened to you. WOW! I just want to know what Airbnb had to say about this. Lately they are ONLY on the guest side so I wonder what they did for you and how they helped YOU to resolve this.

1 Like

Update:

Guest no. 1 (2 days early) has reviewed us with 4 stars. Certainly, he received one star from us. He has sent a message with an apology after that. (He had already paid for the 2 extra days through resolution center during his stay.) I think he has realized that his behavior was unacceptable. Nevertheless, with his review from us (his only one), probably nobody will accept him any more as a guest.

On the contrary, guest no. 2 is sending us messages like ā€œyou donā€™t have any proof that I changed the lockā€, ā€œyou are a liarā€, ā€œI will complain to the government about youā€. :upside_down_face: This was a booking.com guest, and we have charged his credit card with the costs for a new lock and access cards.

8 Likes

Who in the ā€˜governmentā€™ is he going to call :joy: :joy: :joy: a tweet to Trump :joy: :joy: :joy: What.A.Loser

5 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to say that I donā€™t think that will keep him from being accepted. For one thing there are quite a few IB hosts like myself who have no restrictions on who they accept. For another there are non-IB host who must not look at reviews.

Youā€™re so right. And, I am so not one of those hosts. I allow IB only for guests with positive reviews and I ALWAYS scan for negative reviews for non-IB requests. Call me crazy, but I am a little particular about whom I allow in my house.

5 Likes

@tomdxb are you kidding? Calling the lock smith, replacing the door lock ?!?! WTF? Iā€™m very sorry this happened to you. Most of my guests are doing the self-checkin too. But they have all been great, knock-knock.

Hundreds of my guests before have also been greatā€¦

This one is no. 1 in my personal ā€˜bad guestsā€™ statistic - letā€™s see if somebody can take his position sometime.

1 Like

@tomdxb - For your sanityā€™s sake, Iā€™m hoping no one ever tops that personā€¦