Guest asks: "can I leave my bags" after check out?

I like to scare them by saying that they can leave them on the front veranda. This is also successful for guests who want to leave their bags before check in. It is worth noting that we are a 98% drive to destination. I don’t apply that to the few public transport guests we have.

1 Like

No. I don’t do “left luggage” or early check ins or late checkouts .

I don’t want the responsibility for their belongings and every time I did try they never showed up on time to pick it it or drop it off and I had to wait for them.

2 Likes

As others have said, this is an impossible question to answer definitively. It all depends on what kind of listing you have.
I allow luggage drop-off and storage at my own place because it’s no inconvenience to me and there are no safety issues. I actually advertise it on my listing - I’m in a highly competitive area so anything to get a little ahead!

At the entire property where I co-host, it’s a firm NO. It’s just not possible for a myriad of reasons.

2 Likes

This weekend I will begin saying, NO.
I let guest do this because my check out time is 11 am. A lot of guests have a late flight and it’s inconvenient to walk around with all of their of luggage.
Yesterday’s guest was supposed to pick up her luggage in the evening supposedly before her flight. As I write this, it’s 1:30 pm & her luggage is still here.
I let her leave her luggage in the hallway so I can still prepare the room for the next guest and I extended the smartcode time to 9pm. Supposedly the smart code didn’t work around 6pm & her phone died. I think she entered the code wrong & just wanted to continue the convenience of walking around without all the luggage. When I got home, I saw in the camera, she didn’t even ring any of the door bells, she just left.
No I’m stuck in limbo, paying attention to the cameras, waiting because I don’t want to give her anymore smartcode access incase there something else happening. I sure don’t want to leave my family alone until I know for sure it’s ok.
I was supposed to see my mom at the hospital & I’m stuck waiting.
After reading some of these reviews about possible illegal stuff in luggage, I don’t want to risk it anymore.

Do yourself a favor and look out for yourself and your space 1st. If they want to leave luggage after checkout they can pay for another day at least that way you have some protection.