Group profiles and sharing reviews

Hello fellow hosts. I’m hoping one of you smart folks can explain profiles shared by multiple people. Example- I received a request from Justin, but his reviews specified someone named Vanessa. How does this work? Did Vanessa and Justin travel together and Justin benefits from Vanessa’s good review? Justin was traveling alone in the request I received. Should I believe that he alone would be as good a guest as when traveling with Vanessa? I’m a little bewildered. Thanks in advance for your help

I’m not aware of ‘profiles shared by multiple people.’

You talk of receiving ‘a request’ from Justin. What kind request was that? A request to book?

If a guest made a reservation and was accompanied by someone – so here Justin makes the reservation and, suppose, that Vanessa accompanies him – his profile is not "shared."It’s just that the Host acknowledged Vanessa’s presence.

No one could know. Maybe Justin is a slob and Vanessa cleaned up after him. Or vice versa. It’s unknowable.

I suppose you could rely on stereotypes that men are responsible, do what they say, understand and devotionally compliant with rules, usually neat if not fastidious, and so forth. [We all have witnessed the guy picking up after, cleaning after, making apologies for . . . Her.]. But I do not recommend relying on these or other stereotypes no matter how convincing they might seem throughout your whole experience of life.

The way I understand it is that the guests on the reservation, that also have an Airbnb account, will share the review. Doesn’t seem fair.

If they include the names of all the guests staying and they have their account attached to the name, then the review is spread across those identities

5 Likes

Yes, exactly what debthecat said. That’s why I love when all guests are included in the reservation. It hold them all accountable.

1 Like

sort of, except I doubt the guests realise the review will land on them too. but it might be worth mentioning that to guests, something like
“hey, be sure to include all your guests on the reservation so they can benefit from having a good review posted on their profiles after your stay”

2 Likes