Google Vacation Rentals

Has anyone been able to get their airbnb property to appear within Google’s new listings, called “Google Vacation Rentals”? I know there must be workarounds to appear, but I have not seen any airbnb properties on there at this point.

It appears that their rules and integrations make it so that you have to follow specifics for inclusion in a very detailed manner: Integrate with Vacation Rentals - Hotel Center Help

We have a website that forwards to our airbnb listing (https://sevenoaksasheville.com/), and we’d love to figure a way to show up in Google’s new listing.

Thank you,
Rob

I’m sorry, I have not looked into it so I have no idea how it works, but there are several listings under the Google Vacation Rentals in my market that I recognize from Airbnb.

It looks like you will need to work with one of their approved providers listed (e.g., Lodgify) in the link you cited.

In theory you could work directly with Google but you’d have to have a technical manager to be the liaison with Google. Per this 2021 article [How to list on Google Vacation Rentals, Part 3: Direct connection or connectivity providers? | Rental Scale-Up]. some of the questions your technical manager will be asked include:

So if you have someone on your end who can do that there’s nothing in the link you provided that says you’d not qualify. In 2021 though this was an option for those with 500 properties or more. It’s not clear whether the rules have changed.

I’m interested but it hasn’t fully taken off as far as I can tell and I would definitely need to do so thru a channel manager like Lodgify. Since we are doing good business already and their service is still relatively new I’m not too worried about it – not yet at least. Of course we do list as a Google Business listing with links to our website there.

I did a search and Google is definitely using booking.com , as the property I checked showed up on bringfido.com and that is owned by booking.com .

Yes, Google is linking to Booking dot com. Google has linked our high-end three bedroom home to a budget hotel nearby. I frequently get calls from people believing our nightly rate is under $100 US (it’s $500+) that get mad when they think I’m advertising fraudulently. My DH called Google once to try and get it straightened out, but was put on hold for hours and gave up.

Well then we should appear as we are on Booking.com as well but to be clear, are you saying you can book that property directly on Google Vacation Rentals without having to transfer to or be logged in at Booking.com? That is what the new service is offering, complete bookings on the Google platform without leaving Google.

OwnerRez is working to integrate with Google Vacation Rentals. My presumption is that this would circumvent the use of Booking dot com.

But without a compatible integrated channel manager no one can have their listing easily appear for complete booking solely on and thru Google.

But it is not bookable solely on and thru Google right? It takes travelers to the site it is listed on to book.

Yes, but linking to a third party booking site is not what this thread is about. It is about Google Vacation Rentals search and book engine, without using a separate listing site.

Good informational article

1 Like

Technically >> the ONLY way to list to Google is either via a booking aggregator (e.g. booking dot com, Vacasa, Houfy, or others) OR to be a property manager with 5 or more properties.

Or to list yourself as a lodge that books separate rooms or VR manager of individual rooms…and then pray you don’t get delisted for not following the technical rules.

We have been listed with Booking.com for several years so not sure how that works if you have multiple rentals there. We received no notice from them about being listed with Google’s new service, unless you are saying Booking.com is integrated with Google Vacation Rentals so that they can book directly thru them.

Of course that is basically the traveler booking thru Booking.com with the same rules and commission (ours is 18%!) and I think if you were on Google Vacation Rentals thru a service like Lodgify you would pay less and thus be able to charge less.