Glitch with Smart Pricing and Weekend Pricing

Hey all,

I’ve discovered a glitch with Airbnb’s smart pricing that has cost me hundreds of dollars. I have weekend pricing in effect. These parameters should set the lowest price limit allowed by smart pricing. Instead, smart pricing disregarded these limits and through instant book, guests were able to book at nearly 1/2 the asking price.

When I brought this to Airbnb’s attention they tried to buy me off with a $20 voucher. I have confirmed that at least one other host has had a similar issue. Has anyone else had this experience? Any advice to make Airbnb stand behind their mistake?

That’s terrible. I don’t use smart pricing but there was once a discrepancy in my account when I changed a guest’s stay because her flight was delayed by a day (AirBNB shorted me by around $25). When I emailed and pointed this out, they apologized profusely, thanked me for bringing it to their attention, and put a $100 voucher into my account.

So offering you a $20 voucher seems pretty lame if a programming error cost you hundreds of dollars.