Gifts from Guests

Beer. Lots of beer. And most of a bottle of vodka. Sometimes unopened goodies from Trader Joes/Whole Foods.

1 Like

Best. Photo. Ever.

1 Like

Todays gifts from guest… a hairball in the shower trap that would have choked a tiger and skidmarks that Lewis Hamilton would have been proud of.

Sad I know. But just thought I’d share :slight_smile:

JF

3 Likes

1/2 bottle of good vodka (big size)
2 lbs of frozen broccoli
1 kg Cuban coffee
Really, really lovely note

Up until the note, it’s been the stuff people don’t want to - or can’t - cart on the plane back home.

The vodka was good >hic<, the broccoli was a no name brand so… it accidentally defrosted, the coffee was so good I found more and stocked up. And my lovely note scientist can come back any time. And I’ve offered a discount to her and her co-workers here.

My last guest left $30 cash on the kitchen table:) I could not figure out why until I went into the bathroom and saw the makeup stains on my new white towel, I mean it was covered I cannot understand why anyone would put that much makeup on. 5 washes, soaks, pretreatments, bleach and blue dawn and still one spot that will not come out. So it was a $12 towel. She got 5 stars across the board because she did the right thing and paid for it.

RR

3 Likes

I love them and love listings with dogs.

I love hand written notes. I get left food and beverages but when I get back home and my house isn’t the way I left it, lol, its always nice to see they personally enjoyed their stay and eases me. Makes me feel a little more connected to the guests I never meet.

2 Likes

We love handwritten notes, too. We had guestbooks made for each of our rooms. About half of our guests write us notes. Some have written us poems. Some have drawn pictures. We love them all, even the notes in Chinese, Italian, German, French, etc. If I can’t translate them, I post pictures of the notes on Facebook, and friends translate them for me.

2 Likes

I love my guestbook! I get the best notes in there - they always feel more heartfelt than the public reviews on the site. Guests with dogs often leave the dogs’ names and little pawprints in there too. The guestbook is the first thing I check when I turn over the house. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

We too, just love these. They often gush. This one is a blind choose from our file of copies!! :slight_smile:

Here is a nice public one. They chose not to write in the booklet.:
Julia is very sweet, she provided the best hospitality you’ll ever need. She texts once a while to see if we need anything. Love the trailer and the experience, it was a pleasure to stay there. The decoration and all the details are there waiting for you to find out. The view is gorgeous during both morning and night. Definitely the best place for getaways.

1 Like

Not sure, if this was a gift, or if the guests forgot it :rofl:

6 Likes