Getting back into AirBnBing

We are finally looking at getting back to putting our home in Daytona Beach back on AirBnB after over a year off due to Covid and other things… Does there still need to be a 3 day timeframe in between bookings for special Covid regulations?? Any thing else we need to know before relisting?? Wonder if we will still retain our Superhost status after being off so long.

No.

There are still special regulations. I assume that when you reactivate there will be information and stuff you have to agree to.

Did you just block your calendar or did you delist? They extended the SH through the pandemic. You couldn’t lose it if you weren’t hosting. But SH isn’t all that. You didn’t start out with it, you can always re-earn it.

1 Like

Welcome back! We are starting again in New England next week. Between the changes in our approach, limiting ourselves to one room versus three, platform changes, and being closed for so long, I find it daunting. I’m hoping that interacting with guests will be fun again. Enjoy!

1 Like

Rather than asking here, it might be better to log on to AirBnB and actually read the host information to see what has changed, in particular the ridiculous 36 page cleaning manual written by and for idiots that have apparently never cleaned a home. And they have changed Terms and Conditions for hosts, too, but nobody ever reads them until Air does something after they think that hosts have violated them.

Don’t be like a guest that never reads the listing or the House Rules. Be like a host that actually reads what controls your ability to use this ineptly run booking service, only used by most of us because it’s the one that reaches the most likely customers.

2 Likes

I paused the listing

1 Like

I did read through the rules… don’t recall seeing that and the airbnb web site is really not user friendly

@NordlingHouse @Josie0811 and everyone,

They just relaxed the stupid cleaning protocols.

• COVID-19 safety requirements: With Hosts in more than 220 countries and regions around the world, we understand each of your communities are at different stages of their COVID-19 containment efforts. We’re making two changes to better reflect this changing landscape:
    • First, for mask wearing and social distancing when interacting in person, we’re moving away from blanket global requirements and instead now asking Hosts and guests to follow local laws and guidelines.
    • Second, to better align with the latest COVID-19 science on transmission and to make the cleaning guidelines easier for Hosts to follow, we updated our enhanced cleaning process. For example, Hosts will no longer be required to wear masks and gloves while cleaning (but it’s still recommended), or to wash every dish in the cupboard if it has not been used by guests. (Here’s a deeper look at our updated cleaning handbook). If you’ve agreed to our enhanced cleaning process already, you don’t need to go through that process again. If you’re a new Host (welcome!), you’ll be prompted to review and agree to follow these practices.
2 Likes

@Josie0811 You’re right- it’s one of the most user unfriendly websites I’ve ever encountered and every time they “improve” it, it gets worse.

Yay yay yay!!!

It would improve a lot if they required all the designers and developers to also be hosts, along with everyone in upper management. And be hosts using the system, not someone using a management service.

3 Likes

Oh please don’t bring up concepts based on common sense or logic … jeez.
If anything, they are getting worse. It is debatable if it is by design or any combination of ignorance / stupidity / ineptitude.
To your point, yes absolutely EVERY designer & developer should be forced to “Perform operations A, B and C using a PC, Tablet and Phone”.

I feel it’s a two-pronged issue. A lot of programmers basically live and breathe in the digital world. They are often on the autism spectrum. They don’t think like normal people, therefore they often create things which are non-intuitive for the average person.

Couple that with the company’s arrogance in not listening to user feedback, let alone soliciting it, and you end up with a user-unfriendly site.

But certainly if the programs were developed by hosts, they would end up with a far better site.

There’s just so much wrong with that statement I don’t know where to start.

After forty years or so working within the IT sector, I suspect I’ve met, and worked with, a few more programmers than you, and on that basis I can tell you that you’re talking complete bollocks.

The poor usability associated with the Airbnb site has very little to do with programmers, it’s down to poor user interface design, a separate field.

Nothing like a bit of work place stereotyping to kick off the weekend, eh?

JF

Okay, I’m suitably chastized. I’m not a techie, so don’t know the difference between programming and interface design. All I know is that whoever is doing the interface design does not have a brain that works like the average person’s or the site wouldn’t be so non-intuitive and they wouldn’t bury things behind 5 clicks that could easily be listed and accessed with one.

I certainly don’t know anywhere near the number of people in IT that you would, but I do know several and by no means are they all on the autism spectrum, but it’s a fact that many, especially those with Aspbergers, are attracted to IT because it’s a field where they can work alone, which is more comfortable to them than working in environments which require a lot of social interaction.

Just as other professions tend to attract people of certain personality types more than others. For instance, introverts don’t go into careers as tour guides or social directors on cruise ships. Those jobs are attractive to “people” people.